OIL CHANGE

rockfangd

So i went to change my oil today an i got good news and bad news. The good news is that my 3100 leaks no oil (to my knowledge) and i switched from pennzoil 5w30 to Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 full synthetic. and to top it off i used a fram high mileage filter. The bad news. I found that both of my tranny lines that go from the tranny to the cooler (i believe) are leaking. Must be new because i am a perfectionist . Next i found a few drops of coolant around a bolt for the oil pan near the tranny. NO clue how that could be a leak. but in the winter anything is possible. I also found that my power steering line is seeping too. THe leaks are not enough to leave a puddle but now that i know i guess i have to fix them.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

well this car has full reciepts and has had pennzoil since it came off the showroom floor. Fram is ok but i would get tough guard or better. my car purrs like a kitten even with the mileage so i am hooked with pennzoil. Mobil 1 if very good too though

No, Fram is complete and utter shit. Sure the Tough Guards are decent filters, but you can get a Purolator cheaper and get a much better overall filter.

x2. I would say that there more expensive filters are good, but I wouldn't used them.

The newer AC Delco E-cores are trash. I can't fathom using one. I was a hardcore Champion Labs fan before E-core. I've PERSONALLY seen two instances where E-core filters caused severe drops in oil pressure. I wouldn't touch them with 10 foot pole.

Royal purple 5w30 & Fram... and before everyone says Fram is crap (again) my family has been using fram filters since before I can remember, and NEVER had a problem with them, so I'll continue using them

Jamie

Fram is crap.

........because of poorly designed inner structures of cardboard that deteriorate after a year causing small (and sometimes) large cardboard particals to plug up the filter, causing a loss of oil flow and engine damage.

wix has plastic/metal inside guarenteed not to brake.

The newer AC Delco E-cores are trash. I can't fathom using one. I was a hardcore Champion Labs fan before E-core. I've PERSONALLY seen two instances where E-core filters caused severe drops in oil pressure. I wouldn't touch them with 10 foot pole.

I haven't even seen an Ecore version of the PF47 or PF52 yet in my area and I've purchased several(10+) AC Delco filters at various stores in the past few months. I have seen other Ecore AC Delco filters though. Lately, I've been using a lot of AC Delco and motorcraft filters.

So i went to change my oil today an i got good news and bad news. The good news is that my 3100 leaks no oil (to my knowledge) and i switched from pennzoil 5w30 to Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 full synthetic. and to top it off i used a fram high mileage filter. The bad news. I found that both of my tranny lines that go from the tranny to the cooler (i believe) are leaking. Must be new because i am a perfectionist . Next i found a few drops of coolant around a bolt for the oil pan near the tranny. NO clue how that could be a leak. but in the winter anything is possible. I also found that my power steering line is seeping too. THe leaks are not enough to leave a puddle but now that i know i guess i have to fix them.

i've had that problem with the tranny lines and they are a bitch to bend yourself because of the crossmember.

Ive used fram and wix fram is easier to get so that is the most common one that i use. the only way i can get wix is to pay to have someone else change my oil. I trust my machanic but if i do and i fuk up its my fault. ive had no prob with fram neither has my dad we have used from on everyone of our cars. :dunno:

Ive used fram and wix fram is easier to get so that is the most common one that i use. the only way i can get wix is to pay to have someone else change my oil. I trust my machanic but if i do and i fuk up its my fault. ive had no prob with fram neither has my dad we have used from on everyone of our cars. :dunno:

try autozone or advanced auto. get an ac delco pf52 try shopping elsewhere than wally world!

I shop at kmart cause i cant aford to drive 45min-1hr to go to autozone or advance auto parts. its the closest place for me if the car got better mpg i wouldnt have a prob doing it but it just doesnt