My car looks like sh*t now. (touched up now)

BCM

Well, nice weather today so I decided to wash my car, we have a power washer and I was using that, so I started spraying the car down, then get to the front bumper, then some of the paint starts coming off!!! :cussing: So great..Now I have a big gray spot on my bumper..As if the 8 or 9 dings my car already has wasn't enough.. Maybe I should just sell it to IRONDOG, let him fix everything, then sell it back to me :lol:

I've taken it through stronger power washers so that didn't really have anything to do with it.

Pics:

DCAM1945.jpg

DCAM1946.jpg

DCAM1947.jpg

Wow. I guess white wasn't the only color affected by cheap GM primer. Get used to it. Once it starts, it'll never stop. I constantly have to repair little chips all over my car. Invest in a couple of bottles of touch-up paint. You'll need it.

I'm getting my car repainted this spring.

My Intrigue front bumper did the same thing those power washers arent very nice I also learned that they arent substitutes for a clay bar and elbow grease to remove bugs off the front of the car.

I won't use a power washer on any of my vehicles, or on any parts of them at all. Too risky for these old cars having water leaks and paint peeling off. If it doesn't come off with a hose, soap and water, then its either too dirty or you're doing something wrong. Sometimes it just matters on what chemicals you are using too.. That can make the biggest difference.

i want to find a drivethrough carwash around here that has actual brushes, cuz the no touch ones don't work as well, and since this is the truck we're talking about, Id like it to be scrubbed as much as possible :lol:

The bumper paint on my car isn't coming off at all, but the paint on the body (metal parts) is flaking off very and rapidly..

The clearcoat on my buddies 2002 Cavalier is peeling off his spoiler too lol..fucking GM haha

• 3 weeks later...