Casting Aluminum W-Body Parts

Dark Ride

I've got a friend who is in metal shop and he said he might be able to cast some parts out of aluminum for me. I was thinking that maybe he could cast some TGP parts for me. I was thinking that the two front strut cover plates would look really cool if they were aluminum. I was thinking that the right engine side dogbone could easily be cast out of aluminum as well. Maybe The Transmission Cover? Do you think the aluminum would hold up? I think it would be fine, but I dont know how much pressure they take. Anything else that I could have casted?

Edit: I Meant the Right Engine Dogbone Mount, that huge chunk of iron that bolts to the head and the dogbone, i already have polished aluminum dogbones.

My '88 Cutlass had aluminum dogbones on it...but just remember, aluminum is not as strong as steel so it needs to be thicker. I just don't know if its worth the trouble

oh I remember him from one of the J sites, as well as stopping in here. I think if someone has a legit company or whatever they shoule be able to post at times. the new layout of the main page should have a link for stores/parts

oh I remember him from one of the J sites, as well as stopping in here. I think if someone has a legit company or whatever they shoule be able to post at times. the new layout of the main page should have a link for stores/parts

An excellent idea. Seconded! :)

An excellent idea. Seconded! :)

He did post up on here asking what people wanted. But, per forum rules, business's aren't allowed to post up on here, so that was quickly taken away.

Too bad though, he does GREAT work.

I don't think its going to be anything spectacular, its for a college shop class. But I definetly think I'll try the strut covers and the dogbone mount and see how they turn out, if he gets the time to do it.