Lost PA tilte

z34duck

well assuming the present owner is still willing to work with you, he would have to get the current registration and goto a notary about it. as i recall it takes 4-6 weeks to get a duplicate title produced.

well assuming the present owner is still willing to work with you, he would have to get the current registration and goto a notary about it. as i recall it takes 4-6 weeks to get a duplicate title produced.

That sounds about right. But, I'd call DMV just to be sure.

we really have no DMV to speak of, penndot is really no real help however, they may be able to point you in the direction of the proper forms to get.

How exactly is it lost?

I bought a jeep while back that the previous owner never got the title for, nor the guy before him and so on and so on.. all was traced back to it being purchased at an auction and the purchaser never turned in his paperwork. well all i needed was a bill of sale from the current owner and his registration signed over to me and all was good. i do believe that this is the only situation(having been sold at auction) where it is this quick and easy. well in WA anyway.

depending on state to state can work that way, and if you are taking the car out of PA a bill of sale may work. so it is possible that all you will need is a notarized bill of sale. which would mean the owner would still have to have proof of his ownership, possibly the present registration card?

Your best bet would be to find out what it would take from YOUR state (assuming it's gonna leave PA) and then call PA and find out. It's tough to say for sure what is needed/legal because there are waaayyy too many forms when it comes to cars, IMO.