Twin Filter Intake

GrandPrix34

yeah, looks like a brake assembly. Also, IMO, you cant get a lot of power from bolt ons and intake mods, on an n/a motor. If you want more power, you're gonna have to get into that thing and port and polish the heads and intakes and all that stuff. Thats about all you can do with a DOHC motor as far as internals

Robby

the only way i can see that system beign used is at the bottom of the front of the car. If you can picture them tilted so that the filters are vertically in line and the opening is at the top, facing the front of the car. Then if you could find some way to make it (kinda like a fancy snorkel) so that if the bottom filter gets submerged, it would still get air from the top one. Anyone know what i mean? i can't seem to put my ideas into words anymore....ahhh.....meh.

IIRC, JCWhitney or one of the other catalog companies such as jegs or summit has a dual cone filter unlike those....sorta in the traditional K&N cone style w/ two cones..I'll try to find a link later

EDIT: err, I was wrong...looks like it's also a boobie filter that I was thinking of http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=466293&BQ=jcw2

Also, you could always take a piece of PVC or other material of your choice with a "splitter" type end and put two conical filters of your choice on it.....the one from Jcwhitney doesn't seem too badly priced if it is of any quality :wink:

Hasn't everyone figured out yet that K&N Cones are the only way to go?!! Maybe duel K&N's, that would be sweet!!!! Home Depo has some duel 2 1/2 angled piping that would work nice!!

Thats my plan..... right in front of the grill... goood air flow...........:P