Say hello to perhaps the luckiest member ALIVE

Stevo

Yeah. Then though, at night. There wasnt anything on the road except areas of salt and sand mix that was like driving on marbles.

The roads all the way from town on what is called hwy102 was just wet pavement. On hwy104 the same with the marbles sections that gave way to again wet pavement. Then it went instantly to glaze on that hill.

A couple of seconds give or take before that area I put it in D from (O) expecting the rpms to go from 1700-1800 to something like 2300 or so.

(O)? Do you mean (D)? Or do Canadian cars just list overdrive differently?

I shifted from Overdrive to Drive in the effort to allow engine compression to assist in slowing the car down without tempting loss of control by applying brakes even slightly. I even thought of dropping it to Second but again thought it would be too much. I think blowing the transmission would have been better but there was a great risk of the car losing it all together like locking it up. The ditch was a possibility with the hope that gravel would give friction but with the dip in the center the chance to remain on my wheels was iffy which was good thinking since one of the vehicles in the area must have tried that and rolled.

All I can think about was the time I drove a 3500 size cargo van on a notorious stretch of highway in NS hwy101. I nearly completely lost it twice on that highway. Friggin RWD with no rear weight and when I was down the south shore the snow was really bad having been wet. I brought the thing back in one piece though. After that I left that job fast since the guy who trained me was doing paper work WHILE driving ffs. Then there's the time I worked 30mins away and had to go over this hill that was infamous when it snowed. Too many close calls during rush hour keeps you on the ball.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and put the blame on my ADD medication for allowing me to make all these choices as if by instinct. I did take it right before I left too. =O

Hmmmm...

http://www.herald.ns.ca/NovaScotia/557086.html

I must have been knocked out for a while because I thought the van was first. I don't even remember a forth vehicle.

I got a call about my vehicle. It could take $400+ to relocate the vehicle to home. I think it could be worth it since there's that in new parts on it. I just put a brand new gastank, filler pipe and vent lines on it ($700). New trailing arms. The 2 doors I THINK may be salvageable and the moonroof might be worth taking. Thats more than $400 easy... Not to mention 2 brand new front hubs with 4 good tires and rims.

edit: I forgot to mention that when I came home there is a 99' Chev Lumina parked in my spot now. My brother bought his girlfriends car. =X

hmmmm

http://www.dominionauctions.com/auction/Image_0120_0027_0001_Med.htm

Image_0120_0027_0001_Med.jpg

1994 Olds Cutlass 1994, Oldsmobile, Cutlass, Blue, Cylinders: 6, Meter Reading: 204666, VIN: 1G3WH15M7RD305179, DOORS: 2, Automatic Transmission, A/C, PWR Steering, PWR Brakes, PWR Windows, PWR Locks, Cruise Control, Tilt Steering, AM/FM, Cassette

Thats a ton of km's. My 93' only had 186XXXkms. =(

Hmmmm...

http://www.herald.ns.ca/NovaScotia/557086.html

I must have been knocked out for a while because I thought the van was first. I don't even remember a forth vehicle.

I got a call about my vehicle. It could take $400+ to relocate the vehicle to home. I think it could be worth it since there's that in new parts on it. I just put a brand new gastank, filler pipe and vent lines on it ($700). New trailing arms. The 2 doors I THINK may be salvageable and the moonroof might be worth taking. Thats more than $400 easy... Not to mention 2 brand new front hubs with 4 good tires and rims.

edit: I forgot to mention that when I came home there is a 99' Chev Lumina parked in my spot now. My brother bought his girlfriends car. =X

If you get it home, I'd take your driver's side tailight if it's a lip tail aswell as the reverse light bar.

Once again today I could not get up to get my stuff from the car and picks because the road got closed down.

I will be taking many pics. I am also wondering about the other car.

A couple of seconds give or take before that area I put it in D from (O) expecting the rpms to go from 1700-1800 to something like 2300 or so.

(O)? Do you mean (D)? Or do Canadian cars just list overdrive differently?

Overdrive on all the car's I've seen is a big "O" with a smaller "D" in the center...I think it's the same as the states?