1995 Buick Regal Brakes

rockind78

Hi guys,

I'm new here and just wanted to say there is some great info here!!! I just got done doing a search, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I am doing the brakes on my '95 Regal, and the rear rotors won't come off. I have owned a '91 but the rear assemblies are totally different, so what gives? The Chilton's I have claims that there are a couple of lug nuts holding these things on, but I don't see them. Maybe they are stuck? Any advice would be wonderful!!! Thanks guys!

The caliper brackets are the only things keeping the rotors from coming off. They are held in by 2 18mm bolts. If you have the caliper brackets off already, then rust is holding them on. There are no lugnuts holding the rotor on, they always show lugnuts on the rotors because you're supposed to reinstall a couple of lugnuts when you pull the wheel off to keep the rotor steady while you change the pads. If you didn't specifically put lugnuts back on, there won't be any.

Sounds like you need a lot of WD40 or penetrating oil and a big hammer. Be sure to use a piece of wood to prevent nicking the rotor when you hammer on it. I have had this problem several times, now I always put anti-seize on the back of a rotor when I get it off.