well, the Regal is parked until spring maybe forever

Lee

The heater core went and stop leak won't do the job. Just this winter I paid good money for tranny fluiid and filter $90, new outer tie rods $130, new --cradle bolt, rubber mount, and washer--- $100, replaced steel coolant line to heater core $60.

I have to stop somewhere. I have a very upset PMIII to go with all this, plus I got a rock in my windshield last month that has made a 10 inch crack that's still growing. My driverside window has been plexiglass for almost 2 years. And I need a new dynomax super turbo muffler on one side.

So I found a 95 Bonnie (series II 3.8) to get me down the road for awhile.

I think come spring I'll bypass the heater core and drive it for the summer; then let it go.

When it does I'll part out the UB3 dash, and whatever else I can. Unless some local gives me a couple hundred for it.

Couldn't find a fair priced Cutty of Prix. Dealers here are tough and nothing in the paper. We are getting the below 0 temps this week and next.

Yeah, its really cold here too. I wouldn't want to drive around with no heater core, thats for sure. I guess I would look at it this way. If I fix it how long would it cost, and how much longer am I going to drive it? When you buy a new car, you always spend more money by making payments etc. Your just going to have to balance it out.

thanks Crazy K. I'm thinking I'll fix it when it's a little warmer or else wait till spring and bypass the core. I knew I was only driving it until next fall. My plan was retirement before winter. I'd like to get a few hundred for it so fixing it would be best. It is the PMIII that made me decide on this being the last winter......but I've said that for three years. 10 3/4 years isn't a bad run for owning and daily driving a car :biggrin:

The Bonnie is doing well, new oil, tranny flush tomarrow. Driving it is weird, much to big of a feel to it. The gas pedal feels very remote from the motor. Not hearing the motor is also very strange. I think it will have a two year run then sell. How do I get the big a$$ plastic "3800 series II" cover off? It looks like the oil filler neck must unscrew because the plastic cover is below it. I've unclipped it in the back before already when I had to tighten up the radiator hose clamp.

They sure put the power steering resivior in a bad place.

How do I get the big a$$ plastic "3800 series II" cover off? It looks like the oil filler neck must unscrew because the plastic cover is below it. I've unclipped it in the back before already when I had to tighten up the radiator hose clamp.

you've got the idea. keep turning the oil cap and the 'extender' bolts in exactly the same.