power window help

hazmatic

my passanger side window will go down no problem but when it goes up half the way up its sluggish then it stops goin up all together i have to hold the switch down n pulll on the window to get it up then it likes to start workin again n close the reast of the way i wish i knew wut is wrong befo i get caught in the rain

my car has the same problem, it will go down fine but will not go back up. once in about 10 times it will go up.

window regulator? whats that.

It's the motor that raises / lower your window.

If you know how to do some basic disassembly knowledge, it's a cake-walk.

* Remove door panel

* Remove exisiting wind resisting plasitc

* Unclip power to motor

* Unbolt / slide out regulator from track of window

* Drill out pop-rivets on regulator

* Remove regulator from door frame

Did one of my Cutlass... easy, found a replacement at local junkyard for $5. Best of luck!

- RedFox340

As far as putting back the regulator back in.

You can either purchase a large handheld rivet gun with 1/4 size capability or just use a 1 inch long 1/4 size bolt and nut with lock washer and use a thread locker compound.

When I replace a window regulator on our 1994 Pontiac Grand Am, I did not have access to a large rivet gun and so I have used a 1 inch long 1/4 size bolt and nut with lock washer and use a thread locker compound.