Need help with my Regal

Bizzo

Hey guys,

Couple of questions here....the other day my car died on me pulling in the parking lot to work. I popped the hood to find steam rolling out and my serpentine belt shredded to pieces, after further investigation I found out my water pump was bad so I replaced that and the serpentine belt and refilled with coolant. Now the car misfires bad between 2K-2.5k rpm's I'm suspecting a bad coil pack since they were soaked in coolant when the water pump decided to go bad. Just want to see if that seems like a logical assumption considering the conditions. Also do I have to burp the cooling system now or will the air bubbles work themselves out? If I have to burp it is there any bleeder valves built into the 3.8L cooling system?

Next problem is that tonight I was loading some stuff into the back seat of my car and I had to move the driver's seat forward, it's a power seat so I hit the knob forward and the seat moved all the way forward and i finished loading my stuff in. When i got back in the seat i went to move it back and it wouldn't move, so I tried the up and down on the same knob and the other two controls for the seat and they all worked, but the back and forth will not work, so I thought maybe the chair i had in the back seat was preventing it to move back, no big deal. So I get home and unload all my cargo and go and try to move the seat back, once again nothing, so I check the track to make sure nothing is obstructing it which there isn't and still nothing. I would like to think it's a blown fuse, but the up and down on the same switch works and all the other switches work just not the back and forth. Is there a separate motor for the back and forth function or separate fuses for these functions? It's dark and freezing outside or I'd investigate further tonight. I need to get this fixed ASAP because the seat is stuck all the way forward and I'm swallowing my knees just to sit in it. :mad:

Thanks for any help and sorry for the long winded post I just figured I'd list all my current issues with the car in one post for simplicity.

there should be a bleeder screw near the thermostat for the cooling system because it takes too long to wait for the bubbles to work their way out. As for the seat, take off the 2 screws that hold in the switch if its on the seat itself or if its in the door, chances are it got wet and just shorted part of the switch which is common. I had a similair prob on a friends car where it was mounted on the seat. See if there is a short on the board behind the switch, because the motors are not all that common on going bad unless they are overloaded way too many times. As for the coil pack if they are old anyhow chances are they already had hirline cracks and the coolant probably finished them off.

Thanks for the response, I ended up getting the car pretty much squared away, the misfiring was due to a bad coil, and the power seat started working again so I'm assuming there's a short in the switch but I'll wait to deal with that once we start getting some warmer weather. One more question though, what is the stock temperature the 3800 series in my Regal should be at when fully warmed up?