Door / front fender removal

jeremy

I am going to try to start yanking my cutty 'vert apart this weekend and I wanted to know if there is anything I should know about out of the ordinary that I should be aware of when it comes to yanking off the door/fender.

Bolts in the door jamb to remove the door. Should be a plug somewhere to unplug the harnesses. I forget which size the bolts are exactly, but I've taken doors off w's before.

The fender is bolts in the bay, then possibly a mount or two underneath.

Door, I've never done before. I would just unbolt the hinges and then the harness plug. Fender, you are going to have a bunch of 10mm or 11mm under the hood, behind the corner lamp?, underneath by the bumper?, and maybe one when you open the door that you can only get when the door is open? Remember though the hood mounts on the fender so good luck.

I didn't think that this will be too difficult...I am just going to try to get these off by sunday...Someone is going to give me as much for one door/fender as a I paid for the entire car :lol:....I just wish it wasn't so bitter cold out, I really want to spend a few hours tearing her down....

Yep, the door is just held on by the bolts in the hinge now that I remember. I know for the 4 door models, you could pull the on the harness and there would be a plug that you could unplug, but for the front doors, I'm not the most sure about. I would just unplug everything.

well the idiot hasn't called me back so I haven't started on it...I am real close to just tossing it up on eBay in the parts car section instead of wasting time with people not showing up....I know that there are a few people on here with parts lists, but I don't want to start tearing into her until I have a few large parts spoken/paid for, which isn't seeming to happen right now...