Should my cutlass have a trunk light?

Supreme Cutlass

yeah i have not seen any w-body without one. it should be on the trunk lid to the left of the latch. i actually added one to the inside of my trunk because the one in the lid doesnt illuminate the trunk well :mrgreen: :idea:

i didnt have a working underhood light til a week ago! thats cuz i never bothered to get a bulb, but when i put the new mirror in, i realized that the bulbs from the mirror lights are the same.

/hijack

i thought they'd all come with it, guess not :dunno:

my '90 CS didn't come with that, or the underhood light. Base model strip car.

Was it even an option or just something you got with the uplevel ones?

Early Cutlass Supreme cars had a "lighting option package" You'd get the trunk light, underhood light (probably the retractable one) and interior reading lamps for every outboard passenger. This might just be the case with base models, since every SL and I-series I've seen always had full lighting. My '90 just had a dome light on the roof, and lamps under the dash. I also didn't have pulse wipers, cruise, cassette, power mirrors. Only options it had (when I purchased) were power windows, locks, 15" crosslace alloys, and the V6/4 spd auto.

Early Cutlass Supreme cars had a "lighting option package" You'd get the trunk light, underhood light (probably the retractable one) and interior reading lamps for every outboard passenger. This might just be the case with base models, since every SL and I-series I've seen always had full lighting.

I was gonna say the same thing for GP's... its that lighting option package. My '95 does not have that pkg.. no under hood light, no trunk, crappy interior lighting.. it seems to have been tied into the keyless entry if I remember right? I'm sure I'm wrong there, but I just remember keyless entry-optioned cars having the lighting package.