Quick question about Painting my Fender Braces

blackbombshell95

I'm using engine temperature 500F paint. I have a can of blue paint. And a can of engine temperature 500F primer.

The instructions on both the blue paint can and the primer say to apply all coats within 1 hour. After 1 hour painting requires 1 week for the paint to cure. 10 minutes between coats.

So if I use the primer first. Do I have to wait a week before I can paint the fender braces blue? Or could I use the first 30 minutes to primer and the last 30 minutes to paint it blue?? How does this work?

I'm already on my 2nd coat so i need an answer fast!

you should be able to paint them blue... the 1 hours stuff is just tack time... any longer than an hour and your gonna be more likely to see it peel cause the first coat would have started to set... the week is cure time. this is my recollection of how times and paint work.

you can prime and paint all at the same time...

Not really the best thing to do. Primer has a tendency to shrink within 2-4 days,m possible needing a second coat. Now, the paint won't shrink, it will crack and need redone.

Better safe than sorry.

Not really the best thing to do. Primer has a tendency to shrink within 2-4 days,m possible needing a second coat. Now, the paint won't shrink, it will crack and need redone.

Better safe than sorry.

spray can primer is not gonna shrink...i painted my braces all at once and no problems...

thats what I did and it came out great. But i don't like the color. I've gone through 3 cans of paint. Time for the 4th