My system installed in cutty convertible

asonofabeach69

We got my system installed yesterday in my cutlass vert and it sounds really good, 2 10inch Rockford P1's. Only thing is that the back window rattles some because its a little loose. The only thing I need to know is, is there anywhere to run the power wire through the firewell? We have had a hard time finding a spot. If anyone has any ideas please let me know; pictures would be great.

Thanks

firewall.jpg

There ya go. It's a giant rubber grommet used to block off the hole stamped for the MT-equipped cars' clutch master cylinder. I ran a 1/2" drill bit through mine to make it a bit easier to pass a 4ga wire through.

Seeing as this topic gets brought up at least once a month, maybe we should add it to the FAQ section.

firewall.jpg

There ya go. It's a giant rubber grommet used to block off the hole stamped for the MT-equipped cars' clutch master cylinder. I ran a 1/2" drill bit through mine to make it a bit easier to pass a 4ga wire through.

Seeing as this topic gets brought up at least once a month, maybe we should add it to the FAQ section.

Damn right.

For manual equipped vehicles, use a 1/8" to 3/4" step drill bit, and drill a hole 6" below where the brake or clutch master cylinder is located.

• 3 months later...

Do you have any pics of the system install ? Where did you place the speakers ?

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

I like my setup, aside from needing to run my power wire like that. I just slide my box toward the back if im going to have my top down, and usually i just leave it there, since i dont really put anything in the trunk anyways

Dang! I already installed the wire in a crappy way, now I am going to have to do it the right way! Thanks for posting to this thread so it bumped up.

BTW, I just put one of those bazooka tubes in mine. I have a 7 and 3 year old and need my trunk space. :gr_grin:

your sig pic makes me laugh, it looks like you have midgets in your car! (your kids?)

sorry for going off thread,cuz i know how you guys never do that on here....lmao

anyway i was wondering what those rims are...i think they look great.

give give with some info please.thanks

now back to your regulary scheduled posts.

• 1 month later...

sorry for going a little of topic but other than that one spot for the wire is there anyother space that would work to send wires through i need to wire in my fog lights :confused: