My gas pedal is sticking.

90TGP

My gas pedal is sticking.

When I try to accelerate slowly [like from 0-10] the pedal sticks like there's something behind it. I have to put more force onto the pedal then normal to get it moving. But then after I have it past that, it acts normal.

What could be causing this?

I'll have my mechanic look at it next week.

bad cable? have you pulled the cables off the throttle body and checked the TB itself? don't pay a mechanic to do such an easy task. first i would pull all the cables and check the TB, and the gas pedal w/ the throttle cable attached to it. if that checks out OK hook up the cables(3 - one throttle, one cruise, one kickdown for the trans) one at a time till you find the culprit.

Is this problem only when its cold or all the time. If its only when its cold, its normal. My car hates driving when its cold, I usually wait til idle rpms get around 950-900 before I drive it

Robby

Try squirting some motor oil onto the linkage and pivot of the throttle body. I had this problem on the '88 where the pedal was very stiff. Oiling the throttle linkages fixed the problem.