Anyone know how to make Gauge Overlays?

Dirty Rockstar

Just wondering because Id like to spice up my gauge cluster.. I have looked at some places and while I like the look of some of them lit up at night, I hate the white faced look.. I would prefer a factory looking black/dark gray.. I am just wondering what exactly is involved in making these things..

..The reason I also like these other gauge kits is because they light up in a uniform fashion, and tend to be much brighter..

..Thanks a lot for any help you guys can give me..

A buddy of mine over at Michigan Street Scene just opened his new company, Revolution Autoworks. He's making gauge overlays. He says, if you send him your cluster, he will make on for it for no charge as it will be he first of it's kind.

Im on the hunt for the cluster right now to mod.. Would it be an EL overlay, or just an overlay? I ant it to be a stock looking gray (NO white.. I hate white faced gauges)..

..I am also toying around with LED lighting as well.. I have seen many promising LED mods in other cars..

cinco cambios would be hella awesome, but hell if its the chevy eurosport type Im thinking of, I'll take it..

..Im going to assume nothing new on the 72" front yet?