Newer style chevy rims on a 92 euro?

92euro

What do you guys think about replacing my older eurosport rims with the newer stock chevy rims found on the Impala and Malibu LS's(the 5 star with the bow tie centercap) I think it would probably be a nice mod for the price.Being factory pieces they'd be an easy junkyard find for less than a $100 a set.

might wanna get one first and check for fit, or take your car and see if theyll let you test fit before purchase, i've heard of newer wheels hitting the gen1 calipers

What do you guys think about replacing my older eurosport rims with the newer stock chevy rims found on the Impala and Malibu LS's(the 5 star with the bow tie centercap) I think it would probably be a nice mod for the price.Being factory pieces they'd be an easy junkyard find for less than a $100 a set.

Yeah, that would definitely be a good idea... but a major problem: they won't bolt on.

1994 - 1996 Impala = 5 x 5" lug pattern

You need a 5 x 115mm lug pattern and that includes anything from the old / new W-Bodies, 1998 - 1999 Malibu, 1996+ Bonneville, 1999+ Grand AM, etc. and etc. I was into looking at the 20 spoke 17" wheels that came on the 2000 Bonneville but sold my car before hand. Also, center caps change out extremely easy... had some old Cutlass caps from my 1992 and my dad sanded them down, repainted them and used them on his new Saturn Ion. I love GM; interchangability. Best of luck on your wheel upgrade.

- RedFox340

he was talkin about the new wimpalas, they have a 16" wheel very similar to the 94-96 impala SS

Forgot to include those... you're right! Thanks!

I posted my thoughts after reading about the RWD Impala...

I need to pay attention more; wait... no, it's summer, can't do that! :wink:

- RedFox340

yeah its summer, don't think too hard. i've been thinking WAY too much lately(been offered 2 z34's, one that had an engine fire and one that the timing belt broke on, $800 for both.

My car is maroon, I never thought about any type of size/fitting problems, I'm pretty sure that the price wasn't horribly expensive, there are probably at least 8 junkyards within a half hour of my house, but since they are a newer part I may be in for a rude awakining.

I think it would look pretty good, I dont think your gonna find rims that new at a junkyard though.

I beg to differ! If you've got patience or know what size you want...

Junkyards and Ebay work great to find exactly what you want if you can't spend the big cash.

- RedFox340

I tried 4 places today while looking for a passanger door mirror(of course 3 of them wanted $15 and were out and one wanted $35 I think saving 20 is worth a wait) One guy said $100 a rim one said $200 a set, one said it depended and I didn't ask the 4th since it was a walkaround yard and I didn't see any. I guess I'm just gonna have to look around a little more cause everyone's giving highly varied answers.

I don't think they'll fit if they are like the 99' GP GT 5-spokes I bought for my car. They need like an extra 1/2" to clear that caliper bracket, damned thing! I could have had quite a few different sets but none I've tried so far will work. Good luck finding rims and if you find some that'll work let me know!

I don't think they'll fit if they are like the 99' GP GT 5-spokes I bought for my car. They need like an extra 1/2" to clear that caliper bracket, damned thing! I could have had quite a few different sets but none I've tried so far will work. Good luck finding rims and if you find some that'll work let me know!

Really? By height, depth or diameter? Because that can't be if the wheels are the 16" diameter. My Cutlass cleared with a big tolerance with my stock 16" five-spoke convertable wheels I switched to.

- RedFox340

Really? By height, depth or diameter? Because that can't be if the wheels are the 16" diameter. My Cutlass cleared with a big tolerance with my stock 16" five-spoke convertable wheels I switched to.

- RedFox340

There wasn't enough offset to clear the caliper bracket, I used washers to space it out and found that it was like 1/2" off. The rims are off a 99' GP GT they are the 16" painted five spokes.

What year of rims are you talking about??

Gen2 front-end, brakes, etc are a lot different the gen1 any I've seen will not work. I don't know if it's specifically the Lumina but I think all Gen1 w-bodys have this same problem of fit.

Offset... really? Keep that in the back of my mind! Thanks for the update.

I snaged 1994 Cutlass convertable wheels from my old Cutlass back ago.

It was a nice update for looks, handling, and some *minor* weight reduction.

- RedFox340

Offset... really? Keep that in the back of my mind! Thanks for the update.

I snaged 1994 Cutlass convertable wheels from my old Cutlass back ago.

It was a nice update for looks, handling, and some *minor* weight reduction.

- RedFox340

That's why they fit, they're from a first gen car. That was my point, 2nd gen wheels will not fit first gen. It's also not necessarilly the offset either, it is the actual design of the particular rim and that caliper bracket. A 40mm offset may not fit but a 35mm or possibly 30mm will, you have to test fit to know, trust me!!!!