Daily Driven W's

MikeyT2007

Ok, I know alot of us have car info in our profile. But what cars does everyone drive daily? What Engine does it have? how many miles?what Tranny, is it a 5speed or auto? and any mods you have done to it, what gains or differences have you noticed. Post a photo of the car(s) too if you can.

I have a 1990 Regal Limited Edition Coupe

Its a 3.1L MPFI V6. Only engine mod i've done is change out the stock air filter with a fram air hog filter. I've noticed better startups and seems to have a little better pick up.

Its a console shift 4speed w/od Automatic

other mods include:

-broken off passenger door handle (good thing I have no friends)

-broken off trunk lid chrome thingy (actually it looks better with it off)

-loose passenger side body side moulding ( I thinkk thats what makes the flapping noise when at higher speeds)

-Buick emblem broken off hood ornament (The buick logo was faded anyways, now its just a like a silver medal)

not to mention the chipped paint finish, rusted rocker panel and tempermental hood.

So, yeah. Its my hunk a junk and I love her to death.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• MikeyT2007

• Brian P

• Psych0matt

i drive my 93' z34 automatic daily for all 4 seasons, but it generally sits at least a month or two out of the year when i have it down for some sort of project.

mods (if you can call it that) K/N drop in, vert' STB, complete w/ parking brake 94' rear brake setup.

the K/N I'm convinced is a placebo, never noticed any diffrence in gas mileage or performance.

the STB helped make the entire front end feel a whole lot more tight, madea very good difference in handleing

the 94' rear brakes, noticed some difference from the 88-93 brakes, namely the calipers don't break and ruin pads and rotors, and stopping power is slightly better

For my Daily Driver, I drive my 93 Lumina Euro 3.4.

It's a 3.4L DOHC V-6, with a 4T60E auto tranny with console floor shifter (wish it was a column shift), with 262,000 kms (163,000 miles).

The only mods I've done are the 4 highway blaster horns, the CB Radio, in-car heater, and I added amber 1157 singal bulbs in the front side corner lens housings. Other than that, it's pretty much stock.

If it counts, my other daily driver, (the one I drive at work), is a 1994 International 80-S single axle Day Cab semi tractor, with a Catarpillar I-6 Diesel and 10 speed manual tranny, and an open rear axle.

Every day I drive a 94 Cutlass Supreme.. It has the 3100 SFI V6 mated to a 4 speed auto w/ console shift.. My console is broken, but I still love it to death.. Its ridin on 5 spoke rims, body matched mirrors and with some tunes.. Pretty low key.. When the weather changes for the good (We get about 4 days of decent weather a year here it seems) I'm adding Dual exhaust.. I got it from a 91 sedan.. The mufflers are rusted through in some spots, but it should sound pretty nice.. If anyone here ever heard my 90 Euro, you'd agree..

IMG_0581.jpg

I drive a 94 cutty supreme. Its a great daily driver with luckily very few problems. i have had it over 2 years now and i still wont part with it. The only time is off the road is when im doing a big job to it. Im one of those people who tears down one thing and has to fix like 10 other noticeable probs lol :willynilly: Like when i did my front strut bearing and changed the abs sensor, hub assembly, and cv joint. strut cartridges in the front are the next project. Mods include solid engine and tranny mount, good set of dogbones, (not the shit ones either). UB3 digital cluster, driver side power seat, hybrid white headlights, and foglamps, automatic dimming mirror with compass, temp, ice alert, and uv level. Also i have added power antenna, high output alternator, ac-delco spark plugs, wires, and coils, full car starter, keyless entry and alarm, changed every fluid and bulb from front to back. My soon to be mods are DIS, HUD, maybe power passenger seat, 3.4 DOHC engine, ceramic brakes, A-C bypass pulley, and a few other things. basically besides the 2nd set of rear calipers the car has been fantastic to drive all year round :biggrin:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Daily driver is my only car...

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo Ls

69,000 km on the clock

everything listed down at the bottom there is there, rims are on hold... spoiler is up in the air... *see the rc thread for reasons :lol: *

IMG_0361.jpg

My dd is a '92 Gp 2 door. My only car atm. No real "mods" to speak of: K&N drop-in, FSTB, Tinted Tails, 35% tint all round, Flowmaster 40's, and an interior swap comming soon. It has just over 130K miles on it. 3.1/4T60. It has some slight surface rust here and there, will be taken car of by july, and will continue to be driven daily until then, New rims/tires, and engine/tranny swap will happen sometime this spring, most likely spring break.

Here she is: This is the most current pic, as of about January 7:

12050007.jpg

Here is the "other" daily, not mine but I drive it fairly regularly. My moms '00 GP SE 4 door complete with the anteater Front end. No mods at all, 3100/ 4t60-E, 101,000 miles

07110010.jpg

My DD's are in my sig. The car is only being stored because I have the truck. i figure might as well keep it nice (and it leaks, so I dont want to get wet in the middle of winter :lol:). But yeah, once it gets nice out I don't know what im going to do with insurance. I'll switch it to the car and drive that every day in the summer, but I dont know if I will shell out the extra 300$ for another car for 6mo. there should be some sort of policy when 1 person has 2 cars, since they can't hypothetically drive two at once :wink:

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 3.1 auto. All options except sunroof, leather seats, DIC, and CD player. No pics, so I'll describe it- dark blue (never seen another one like it) with gray cloth interior. 210,000 miles and running strong! Almost rust free too.

Mods: removed A/C, drop in K&N filter.

My green GP is my daily:

1995.5 Pontiac Grand Prix SE with 3100/4T60E

Mods:

Factory DIC and HUD

3400 Upper and Lower intakes

K&N "ONE1 HOARSPOWAR" Air Filter

16x8 Gold TGP Crosslaces

Console Shifter Swap

CS Sedan Charcoal Leather

Optima Red Top Spiralcell

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP CD/MP3 deck with IP-Bus Aux cable for my iPod