Thing behind Rear Seats

gp90se

I wanna pop that tan and black part out, but be able 2 put it back in next month, how would I go about doing that?

-Jeff

Are you talking about the sound insulation? Guess I would need more of a description.

- RedFox340

OK, well I just did this on my cuttlass, all I did was pull on the sides, until it all came out, once I got the bottom out I was able to slowly pull the rest of the sides out until I got to the top, which I had to pull the padding out from the top shelf, all the way along. After that I had to lift it all over the clips that hold in the back seat. No cutting involved. Now for putting it back in....that might be hard unless you take off the panels, but for taking it out, u don't need to remove any panels...that is unless the GP's are different from the CS, which I doubt...

i did the same in my regal when i took the back seats out to get my keys i just figured it would be betta to hear the 6x9 but betta yet the subs when i finally get them

i did the same in my regal when i took the back seats out to get my keys i just figured it would be betta to hear the 6x9 but betta yet the subs when i finally get them

Yes, it DEFINETLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE if you take the black sound deadening out! As I said before, I just took it out and it definetly seems to make my sub hit harder...ie makes mirror shake more

are you serious? i leave it in because of how loud the fuel pump is.......it is insanely loud, with the music off, idling, and no erretic noises i can still hear it. when i have the back seat out its actually very irritating. i was afraid by removing it i would have to listen to it all the time, but if it makes that much of a diff in sound travel ill rip that shit right out.

Yes, it DEFINETLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE if you take the black sound deadening out! As I said before, I just took it out and it definetly seems to make my sub hit harder...ie makes mirror shake more

i dont even plan on puttin my back seat back in so when i get the subs i bet it will sound really good

I ripped that stuff out as soon as I installed my subs and amp!

It's sounds ten times better... I leave the seat on the lower half of the back seat, so whenever I'm in a bad area I just throw the seats up and I have no subs... to the blind eye that is.... :P

I'm going to cut those weird hooks that catch the bars on the back of the seat.... Half the time I put the seat up , I don't even use them... and it will make my subs/rear look alot nicer!!

i just did it for the weight(it weighs a ton) then i ended up getting the fold down rear seat so...

rude awakening time if you take it AND the back seat out tho, i can hear all my exhaust noise with my seat folded down, and it sucks.

yes, i definetly found it made a huge difference, my mirror seems to shake alot more, and I don't get any more road noise than I used to. Ismell... you might not notice all THAT big of a difference because u already have the hole in the back seat, but I'm sure you will see a improvement...just don't throw it out or cut it incase u get annoyed by the fuel pump...But all in all I'd say it was one of the best 2 min i spent on making my system sound better!!

While we're on this topic, is anyone aware of a fold down rear seat ever being an option on a first gen. Lumina? or does anyone have pics of how the mechanism, etc. works on a different platform that has a fold down? Maybe I'll be able to rig something up. Thanks.

Has anyone put fold down seats in a 89 Regal?

I removed the top half of my seat but I was hoping for fold down.....

I have been told it's a easy job but no detailed info.....

Instead of ripping out that insulation I cut a 6" diam. hole between the 6x9's and covered it with a wire mesh speaker cover. I also cut a bit of metal out too. It looks pretty good and once it's color matched you'll never know it wasn't meant to be there. I get 3-4 times the bass now compared to without the port.

I discovered that problem when I first bought my sub, I had trunk closed after I first set it up and was quite pissed that I barely had any more bass than with just 6x9's (Infinity's pound)