looking for a 96 Regal 3800 bin

GJD5

I'm looking for this bin to use for my 96 Grand Prix. I swapped a L67 in it and need this bin to reprogram it with the Powrtuner. My GP originally had a 3100 but the crank signals are different on the two engines/bins and so I need the 96 regal 3800 bin. If anyone has one I would appreciate it. Thanks.

i do have a ticket out to them for that...Steve at DHP didn't have one, been waiting for a reply from Charles for a week now.

I tried the 96 Bonneville SSEi file which also has the L67/4t60e combo Just like the Riviera but there was a few things different in the file apparently that are different than the W bodies. The battery light comes on, low oil level light comes and goes, and fuel info to the driver information display doesn't work. I don't see where I could correct those issues with powrtuner so I think the 96 regal 3800 is a better starting point...if I can find one. As far as I can see it may be my only option for this 96 GP.

I am in the same boat as you, I'm waiting for an answer from Charles too.

Not much advice I can give, other than sending him a reminder a couple times a week. I think there's a phone number too you could call. I'm tempted to do the same, I've been waiting for a couple weeks now.

Ya, I'm pretty frusterated with DHP at this point. It's been almost 2 weeks and I just need this bin sent to me. Once I get it, I'll have to modify the gear ratio which I don't think you can do with powrtuner for the 96 PCM.

Do you think if I just found a 96 Regal 3800 that I could copy the PCM file? I'm not sure what all security blocks are on it...but if I found a Regal it would obviously have a different vin and I don't know if that could cause it to not communicate with the vehicle.

Ya, I'm pretty frusterated with DHP at this point. It's been almost 2 weeks and I just need this bin sent to me. Once I get it, I'll have to modify the gear ratio which I don't think you can do with powrtuner for the 96 PCM.

Do you think if I just found a 96 Regal 3800 that I could copy the PCM file? I'm not sure what all security blocks are on it...but if I found a Regal it would obviously have a different vin and I don't know if that could cause it to not communicate with the vehicle.

You COULD read/copy the file in the PCM, but the two times I did this, the powertuner did not recognize the file (not in its database, I think it looks for the OSID #) so I could not view it, or edit it. Seeing that your request was forwarded to Charles (like my request was) then they don't have anything for a '96 Regal, and their software won't know what it is. They'll have to make a file for you, and then you'll have to wait for the updated software to do anything with it.

For the record, I still haven't heard anything back from them regarding my problem too. They made a mistake and unlocked the wrong vehicle for my hardware. So the car that NEEDS it (The Olds) I can't do anything to. I have sent numerous tickets, reminders, PM's, posts on the forum, nothing. The real kick in the balls is the owner of DHP posts regularly on ClubGP, so I know he's active online.

I visit clubgp often and have seen Charles posting there also...I certainly know your frustration. I guess at this point all we can do is wait...this bonne pcm runs the engine ok it's just the battery light is on, dic doesn't work, oil level light is on and I had to disable code 1870 for the transmission slipping because I can't change the gear ratio with powrtuner(another nice kick in the head).

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...