Alternator Bearings

Supreme Cutlass

I'm pretty sure my alternator bearings are going bad, what would be my best option? replacing bearings myself? Getting it repaired? Getting a new alternator? etc.

I'm pretty sure my alternator bearings are going bad, what would be my best option? replacing bearings myself? Getting it repaired? Getting a new alternator? etc.

mine spit all the balls in the rear bearing and was cathcing and snagging on the internals. made for some pretty intersting driving and stalling. but it was still charging!

new alternator is quick and simple, find one with a lifetime warrenty and spend the money and call it a day.

Just becuase the bearings are making noise, doesnt mean you alt is dead/soon to be dead. Ive been driving for 3years with the bearings making noise. I see no point in replacing it just because it makes a little noise. Just keep it in the car.

Just becuase the bearings are making noise, doesnt mean you alt is dead/soon to be dead. Ive been driving for 3years with the bearings making noise. I see no point in replacing it just because it makes a little noise. Just keep it in the car.

That must be annoying as hell...

That must be annoying as hell...

I can barely hear it.