Moms Buying a new car

grandprix104

I think the 3.0 Yamaha V-6 was only available in the Taurus SHO. It's a 200HP 3.0L DOHC 24V V-6 if I'm not mistaken. 5-speed as well. I think there was a 3.2L DOHC 24V V-6 as well, but only for the automatic. Anyways, stay the fuck away from those engines! They are worse than our 3.4L Twin Cam and they are damn expensive to do any work on! Try finding parts for those pieces of shit!

A better option would be a Ford Taurus with the 3.8L V-6 and AXOD-E or AX4N tranny.

MERCURY SABLE GS....................those things PLUMMET in value. it wont have bells n whistles, but its a fairly large midsize car with ample power, and i can guarantee u might even get it for less that 12K.......you might even be able to get the LS with the 3.0 doch for around 12ish. that thing hauls major ass

The Alero has decent room up front, but in the rear it really sucks. At least for people my size. I'm 6'1 and 180lbs with a bit of a pudge in the middle.

BTW: Perhaps Shawn can answer this question. Isn't the Alero made from the same chassis designation as the Malibu and Grand Am? I thought the Alero, Malibu and Grand Am were all N-Body or L-Body cars.

My mom has an Alero, after you sit in one, it doesn't seem as small as what you think. Before I bought my GA GT, I thought it would be to small for my likings. But once I sat in it, I found it had more leg room then my Cutty! As for the Malibu feeling much bigger, that's weird. Their both N-bodies just like my GA. I think it all depends on how the interior is laid out.

Aaron

This is a stupid question, but what is an "avatar"?

Ok Smelly, I give up, how are you sneaking these oversized avatars past my image size filter? :shock:

This is a stupid question, but what is an "avatar"?

Ok Smelly, I give up, how are you sneaking these oversized avatars past my image size filter? :shock:

It's the little pic to the left under some people's user names mines a GNX

The Alero has decent room up front, but in the rear it really sucks. At least for people my size. I'm 6'1 and 180lbs with a bit of a pudge in the middle.

BTW: Perhaps Shawn can answer this question. Isn't the Alero made from the same chassis designation as the Malibu and Grand Am? I thought the Alero, Malibu and Grand Am were all N-Body or L-Body cars.

My mom has an Alero, after you sit in one, it doesn't seem as small as what you think. Before I bought my GA GT, I thought it would be to small for my likings. But once I sat in it, I found it had more leg room then my Cutty! As for the Malibu feeling much bigger, that's weird. Their both N-bodies just like my GA. I think it all depends on how the interior is laid out.

Aaron

Malibu, Grand Am, Alero= N-body

UPDATE

Well mu mom is gonna go ahead and get this beautiful 2000 Buick Regal thats in perfect condition, loaded w/ leather interior, with 50,000 miles on it for dealer price $9000 pus she'll be selling her 93 mercury grand marquis for about $3000. I cant wait to drive this thing! I drove another one once and it sure had alot more get-up than my grand prix!