Hesitant throttle response

ihateallmustangs

Acutally this has been happening for awile but never bothered me much before but I want to fix it. The throttle on my car is really snappy (im guessing all 3.1 cars are like this). Sometimes when I hit the gas on stop and go traffic the car hesitates for a moment and then "kicks in". Almost feeling like its going to stall. I notice the volt goes down a bit and the dash lights ,etc dim. Today I noticed when I came to a hard stop the dash lights went dim again and my stereo kinda blurred out and came back on. I noticed small power surges in the lighting ever since it got cold ,etc. I have a small amp and a 10inch sub (not much power really). If that matters. I replaced the starter on this car for no reason this summer since the car had so many miles and I didnt want to get stuck changeing it in the winter just in case haha ;). The battery is about 3 years old and the alt was a used one I had laying around.

Any Ideas? its almost like the car chokes for a moment and kicks in. If that makes sense

Same on my car. I think its a vacuum leak somewhere... if you hit the gas just right it doesn't stutter for me

Yep same deal here. If I can find that sweet spot it will respond normal

how about the TPS? ive heard they can flat spot....

and i would have the charging system checked. cut rate will do this for free, probably other places too, but thats the closest place for me. they just put a volts meter on the battery to see if the alt is puttin out enough juice.

Same on my car. I think its a vacuum leak somewhere... if you hit the gas just right it doesn't stutter for me

Yep same deal here. If I can find that sweet spot it will respond normal

I have that also, it's like it doesn't move for a slpit second. I amgonna get new IAC and TPS anyways.

my 91 buick did that to it was hesitating and dimming lights and my stero was shitin out for a few seconds at stop and gos.then it quit.. i tested my altenator and it was the problem..i dunno if itd be the same 4 u :confused: