Repainting interior

GrandPrix34

after some trouble and delays wit the issurance company, they are finally gonna send the check to fix and repaint my car. I was also gonna change the interior from the stock grey to black...repaint the pillars, and every piece of the interior black. I was wondering wat you guys would think about this and wat kind of paint should i use. I saw some interior spray paint at Wal Mart and i was wondering if that would be successful. I got this idea after looking inside my friends' bro's Bullit, all leather, all black...very sexy and nice.

I used VHT to do parts of the interior..

it looks good...

But I don't have the look that I'm going for with that.

I will be pulling EVERYTHING

Bondoing it all, then using a good quality exterior car paint and clearcoat

Give it a nice smooth look.

As well as made the interior hard.

If you could, try to get the pieces in graphite from a junkyard. I tried the paint for plastics (though I havent tried that new plastic paint from krylon?) and any spots susceptable (sp) to wear will not last more than 6 months. The A and C pillars you can get away with because nothing really touches them. My drivers side is painted matter of fact

Yeah, I'd recommend using that new Krylon paint that's specifically for plastic. It's primerless and it works without sanding the surface.

go to the apohlstry person nearest you and ask him/her. they will point you in the directin of the right shit to make it look good, costly, but isnt your baby worth it

yeah a guy at an upholstery shop did the whole interior of my friends Probe wit a blue/black tone...NICE! but a 250 price tag, not bad either...ima also add an air/fuel meter gauge i just bought but im unsure were to put it though

dont use vinyl dye...i used that and it's peeling all over the place...I'm going to get it all wrapped in red and black vinyl in a couple weeks, and i think that would work out better