HELP, Pulled two DTCs

95aquase

I have a 95 grand prix, its an SE with the 3100, i pulled the two DTCs, 42 and 86 from my car.

my ABS light and Park brake lights are both on, my low oil light has popped on.

1 For the story on the abs and park light, its 0 degrees and colder, i start the car up and abs light and park brake light are both on. wont go away, rims do not get warm or hot, park brake is fully releasing, i cruise at normal RPMs, any clue??

2 For the low oil light, its roughly 5-20 degrees out, i start the car and low oil light is on, let it run for a bit, shut the car off and check level, its perfect. Start the car and light is off. Did the same thing 20-30 min later.

3 Also my car is having trouble starting. I turn the key to start and it sits there and does nothing, turn key back and turn to start and starts right up. Did this to me again today, only this time it took about 10 minutes before it would start. this has happened previously before where it took a while to start.

1.) Test to see if your ABS is functioning. If you can get a wet road or something, see if you can get the ABS to engage. Otherwise, you might want to see if you can get it to a dealer and see if they can read the brake computer codes, I think that you can do that, if I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

2.) Sounds like the oil level sensor... I'm not sure where to start with that, mainly because I've never done one.

3.) Starter - next time that happens, take a hammer and smack the starter a couple of times, the brushes sometimes get stuck. Otherwise it could be the solenoid or just a bad starter.

abs is working properly as far as i can tell

i dont think the oil lvl sensor is bad, mainly because all this happened at once.

i dont think it is the starter due to it cranks fine has no trouble turning it over, just to get the key to make it do something...

i dont think it is the starter due to it cranks fine has no trouble turning it over, just to get the key to make it do something...

I guess this line confused me:

I turn the key to start and it sits there and does nothing

My mistake!

Cars can do weird things sometimes in the cold. With my old digital dash in I was revving my car (not too high) and the speedo started going up and down with my revvs. I was deffinately in neutral!

I agree with John, its the starter going out. This is what they do when they start to die. Just replaced my dad's cuz it was doing the same exact thing.

When you turn the key, do your dash lights and stereo come on?