audio problem

krenzy

Hey, I've had this problem with my Turbo Prix since I had my JVC deck installed back in March. Whenever I turn the volume up past like level 24 or 25ish, it starts to kcik out, or pop, or whatever the word is for it, kinda like there isn't enough power there? But I know almost nothing of audio. I'm running 2 front speakers, 2 door speakers, and the rear 6x9's...standard TGP equipment. Now before the deck was installed, the factory tape deck/AM/FM worked great, and never cut out...I could crank it. I THINK Best Buy had to wire around the factory amp, but I can't be sure at all...the guys that worked on it then no longer work there. Someone suggested running the speakers through an AMP? Another suggested it was just my deck...any input?

Prolly what is happening is that the impedence is mismatched for which ever channel they decided to hook the 4 speakers too.

Try this, Put the fader all the way to the front and see if it still does it. Then put it to the back and see if it still does it.

If it does it to the front (I bet it does) and not the back then they have too much load on the front channels of your head unit. You would then be better off getting amplifier(s) to properly run the speakers.

I guess you do HAVE NOOOOOO IDEA!!

There should be a setting on your radio to FADE from front to back. Fade it to the front and try to turn it up, then fade it to the back and do it again!! I will NOT be able to drive to your house to show you this so if you cant figure it out even this simple just print out what I said and bring that to the shop your going to get it fixed and let them do it. You shouldnt be asking on the internet then. Do you have an owners manual for the radio? Use that to teach you how to fade the radio.

No I know HOW to use the radio, here's the thing: Currently I have it out of the car, cuz it wasnt running good. Well, a week after I took it out, I got the car running. But before I have it reinstalled, I wanted to tackle this problem head on, so it's not removed and then re-installed afterwards.

What I'm asking is how to tell the people to wire it up to the amp. I have no idea about that part. I can run the radio, and I feel really bad for anyone who can't. Sorry, shoulda clarified that.

You shouldnt have to tell a decent shop HOW to run an amp. If you have to tell them YOU shouldnt be there.

I dont know what impedence the speakers are in the car so I cannot possibly tell you from here.

Sounds like dcjredline got it right. The door speakers run through a factory amp behind the glove box. When you buy the install kit it doesn't account for this. So maybe they just spliced into the harness for the door speakers. This could amount to a 2 ohm load for the front speakers. That could definately cause your problem. And possibly harm your deck.

I just installed a stereo in mine. When I looked at the setup I decided to leave the door speakers unhooked for the time being until I get amps. Sounds fine.

Remove your glove box. Your old amp may still be there. It has 2 plugs. For the install kit you remove the plug on the right from the amp and plug it into your new harness. The door speakers run off the other harness. On the left. You should see where they spliced in. Either remove those wires entirely or splice them in series.

Alright thanks for the reply...one last question. And yes they should know this, but as I said, I would like to know for my own sake. What speakers should they be running to the aftermarket AMP? The doors or the dash, or both?