PCGUY112887

I seem to have a problem, my doors seem to freeze just when it gets cold outside. The past few days it has been all rainy and shit, sorta icey so I sprayed all of my door seals with silicone grease. Even when I do this, they freeze up sometimes. Today it got real cold and all of my doors froze, but it didn't even rain or anything today!

I can understand the locks freezing, since they are totally unprotected, however once I get the lock open the door is still almost impossible to open.

Last time it froze outside, my back doors were frozen shut, I got em open, then they froze OPEN! The latch froze up (literally) so when I went to close the door, it would just bounce off the latch.

I'm starting to believe the seals are somehow leaking a bit, since I know doors freeze but damn I've never seen something freeze so bad.

Any ideas? Anyone else have problems like this?

This is on a 4 door GP BTW.

spray alot of W40 on the mechanism in the door.

and try using actualy silcone/die-electric grease, instead of just spray on stuff. you can get a larger size tube of dielectric grease at advanced (I think)