door handle failure.....help....help

hoodilio

Hey, i have a 1993 cutlass supreme coupe, and latley my doors have not been opening when i pull on the handles. I notices that when the door is closed the little locking mechanism kinda pops/flips its self up, then a little pin holds it in place. When i pull on the door handle it is supposed to pull the pin out of the wat so that the little locking mechanism can flip down and the door opens. When i pull on my handle the little pin does not move out of the way enough, and it is hard to get my door open, sometime it doesn't open at all. Does anyone know how i could get the handle to pull more of the pin, is their anything i can adjust...?

• 3 weeks later...

Take the cover off and you will see the linkages are threaded. Use a small flathead screwdriver to pop the clip off the little thingie that is threaded onto the linkages. Now you can disconnected and thread that thingie up and down, so move it to where the door opens with less effort.