Please, I need TGP help.

89GPSE

Ok here is the deal. I have a list of cars I must own in my Lifetime.

1. Big Block Camaro, and I own one.

2. 89/90 TPG, have the opportunity to buy one right now.

3 1987 Buick GN

4. 1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6

Now my question is what is a 1990 Black TGP with 135K on it worth. I don't want to go and lowball this guy. I looked at the car when he wasn't there. The outside and underside of this car are spotless, the interior is beat from the sun. The low fuel light is always on even with a full tank of gas. He said a few other things on the dash work intermittently. But it runs awesome and has a rebuilt turbo (no shaft play), but it needs a brake booster, or so he says.

These are all the details I have for now. But I was hoping you guys could steer me in the right direction on this one.

Thanks,

Justin

i would say in the neighborhood of 2k, + or -. its a 17 year old W body, even if it is a TGP. I'm not saying that it wont sell for more or that it isn't worth more, but I think somewhere in the low to mid 2k range would be about on.

the lights can be fixed if you remove the cluster and solder the joints (as detailed on the main W page)

The PMIII is the main issue. if it is bad, the car's value just tanked IMO.

but if you must, I hope you get it for a lower value, say $12-$1500?

How much is it for a new PMIII?

EDIT: He now tells me that the ABS works fine, it feels more like air in the lines to him. I don't know whats really going on with them until I drive it myself, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,

Justin

How much is it for a new PMIII?

EDIT: He now tells me that the ABS works fine, it feels more like air in the lines to him. I don't know whats really going on with them until I drive it myself, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,

Justin

I just read that thread at NYspeed.

I would say pick it up for the 1500 hes asking, it seems like a fair price. Although when you get it, I would put all new brakes on it, and make sure all the brakes are bleed properly.

The PMIII is the main issue. if it is bad, the car's value just tanked IMO.

because you completely ignore the fact that PMIII parts are out there, and it is no longer very expensive to fix, as well as there are a number of people here who know the system in and out. so just because you could not fix yours it is totally the worst thing ever.

$1500 is a GREAT price for that TGP. I just replaced the PMIII in my TGP last month- was a project that took about a week to get completely done (worked on it a little bit everyday). If I found a TGP in that condition for that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. :cool:

I wish I could see some pics of this TGP he is looking at LOL... :showpics:

seriously....I went to try to check it out at the site Jay mentioned, but I wasn't going to register just to look at a F/S thread :lol:

No pictures. This is on our local forum..

Here's the seller's post:

Hey...

I am selling my 90 Turbo Grand prix. Car is EXTREMELY rust free, have a North Carolina title for it. Car runs and drives but needs some TLC. Also comes with a parts car (non turbo) 1500 bucks. PM me for more details if serious

* Black

* 134,000 miles

* oem garret rebuilt turbo, no smoke, play

* needs brakework, Electric brake booster/ABS works!! (common problem) however feels like major air in lines

* has typical dash issues, certain lights stay on like the low fuel light even when it has a full tank ( another common problem)

* seats need work, has 12 way power seats....parts car has better interior but is all grey . Turbo GP has light tan

* Car is complete, has all three Tubo GP logos, factory wheels..... wider rim to hold factory 245 50 16 tires!!

Thanks guys. I picked it up for $1000, and he said he is 100% sure it is not the PMIII. I will post pics in the appropriate section in about a week when I pick it up. I am sure I will become a post whore here again once I start working on it lol.

Definetely in my price range for that many miles. I would say IMO $1000 is tops with that many miles. Don't get me wrong, the LG5 block is good if they made it past 40k without a crapped out cam. Just the PMIII issues can be a bit costly.

Also it would heavily depend on grey or tan interior.. grey would go for more.