3.4 timing belt change

ihateallmustangs

Is there any detailed writeups to do it yourself? I have decided to keep the 3.4 in the GTP as I have found solutions to the dreaded o-ring seal. However I would like to start driving this car in the summer so I want to get some things out of the way.

Also whats the lifespan like of a well maintained TDC? I am not farmiliar with them but the car I bought has 255,000kms.

timing belt is pretty easy. do you have the stock timing marks? I used those twice without any problems. basically, I just took off the serp belt, got as much out of the way as I could, unbolted the tensioner, pulled the belt out, and went from there. Lined the cams up and got a spring clamp to hold them lined up, new belt, tensioner, viola! now, be prepared to have a good weekend to do this, as essentially it isnt that hard, but you're bound to run into problems, as with anything. Lemme check my 3.4 manual that I got the other day, and see if theres anything related in detail.