Darren wants another W-body, help me out

89GP_SE

so here is the scoop. found an electric blue GTP today. but I have a few questions.

91 GTP Electric blue

3.4 DOCH with 219,000KM (how many miles is that?)

Fully loaded with factory CD and HUD

pretty good shape, not mint but pretty good

5 speed tranny Getrag284

I know this question has been asked a million times, but this will be my first DOCH so what am I looking for as far as stuff to go wrong, and things I should have the dealership inspect.

a couple cell phone pics

gtp.jpg

gtp2.jpg

well because it is a dealership I am going to have them check out the timing belt and anything else I can think of just so I know whats bad.

the hud currently does not work so that will be one thing that they WILL fix.

they want 5 for it, so I guess if they can get me financing, I will prbly take if for 4 g's

I just cant beleive that I found a 5 speed DOHC. I thought to myself afterwards that it kinda looks like a RPE

you should buy it no question ...and as a previous post stated timing belt...and ill add idler pulleys i work at a gm dealer and we dont see too much past that....some intake issues.... the rest is part of buying 136000 mile car but i would not pay in no way shape or form over 4 even that seems high but if you want a unique GM vehicle there you go

so far i have only seen 3 DOHC with 5speeds in this city and this is the only good one I found. I will not pay anything over 4500 for it as im not about to buy a 136000 mile car for more. they are really rare in this city. I always wanted a GTP 5speed and I finally found it. As I have no good credit the dealership is trying so hard for me to get financing and if they can do it through banks, then they will do it in house which is fine by me as long as I get it.

They already know that its just wasteing money just sitting there and they know that nobody will be able to get financing on a 16 year old car, that is why they are trying so hard for me. I will not get dooped though, I will be there for the inspection of the timing belts. Oh and the car has the infamous check gauges problem LOL, and the gas light is on.

oh and this is canadian money.. not that much difference from the us dollar but its a little bit.

"better" is a matter of needs, application and personal preference....the 284 is better suited for the LQ1 though...

right, the 284 is stronger so thats why its suited to the 3.4 right? Although, the 282 is still relatively painless to maintain/replace. The 284 is near impossible to replace/fix

man, $4500 is a lot of cheeze for that.

I'll sell you my totally loaded '94 Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe with ~57k on it and leather, hud, etc for $3500...but its a 3100/auto

man, $4500 is a lot of cheeze for that.

I'll sell you my totally loaded '94 Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe with ~57k on it and leather, hud, etc for $3500...but its a 3100/auto

yeah but will you finance me? :lol:

exactly, i dont have 3500 bucks just lying around, although I wish I did sometimes

another thing about this car is that is was an out of province car, therefore had to be safetied, so that means I have new rear brakes on it.. YAY! :lol:

I am hoping that is all goes well, I dont mind paying 4500 for a car that is in decent shape.