New antenna design for the GP......need input.

AWeb80

I took my stock one off to put a car cover on it over the winter a few years ago...and never put it back on....now its bent.....i want something different.

I'm thinking about designing a antenna for the GP....about 8-10" tall and have the Pontiac emblem at the top of it....

it will be about an 1/8" thick and of course, powdercoated black.

i'm drawing up a sketch now in autocadd.

what do you all think?...should i go through w/ it?

Yes Robby, something like that....but then have the Pontiac Emblem at the top of it.

i'll need to machine a base w/ the threads and everything and then attatch the antenna to the base so it will screw on.

I'm assuming your antenna isnt power and didnt go down when you turned off the car?

Anyways, GTP_Munky wanted to shave the antenna and get get a digital one and hide it somewhere inside the car. I think thats the best idea.

cutlass? come on terry, this is "old sig flashback" not "talking like we're in 2005"

what do you mean?..i was talking in PAST tense...

Lol i see that now...i didnt before

imo, cool idea but i think the emblem would be better on the bottom or in the middle so it didn't look too top heavy. or like those things you can just slide over the top of it

something like this, but with an arrowhead?

chevy2.jpg

just like that.....i'm still debating....i'll shave it eventually...when the car gets repainted and i got Turbo 3400.....whenever that is....