Special Edition

Bri-Guy-GA

Ok, I want to know what makes my 95 GP a special edition? I thought it was the white appearance package, but today in the local pull-a-part I saw a green one with special edition badges in gold. Who would care to explain. Am I not seeing something? I am in the process of adding a HUD and trip computer, so it isnt that.

I know the white package was a GM option. You are right on the options, mine doesnt even have the damn wiring for the HID and trip computer. I do at least have the white wheels, but they are a bitch to keep clean.

I know the white package was a GM option. You are right on the options, mine doesnt even have the damn wiring for the HID and trip computer. I do at least have the white wheels, but they are a bitch to keep clean.

ANYTHING white is hard to keep clean.

ANYTHING white is hard to keep clean.

Yea, I think the "special Edition" was a dealer package, I've seen the white, the green, and black too. I think the white is the best looking, and about the wheels, at least yours are 5 spokes, crosslaces are the worst to keep clean

a quote from me in the production number thread (my gp is a special edition and has EVERY option 'cept sunroof and leather). ive also seen them in cloissone blue:

"The special edition package included the following:

*Specific areo ground effects and wheel flares wide body-color

*Body side appliqué wheels

*16" aluminum tires

*P225/60R16 Performance split dual exhaust sport suspension

i wrote a whole schpeel but i lost it by accident. thats exactly what the reply was when i asked what special edition was. as suspected, it means nothing. just that all speds had to have the following to be elligible to have the "special edition" dealer package just so you thought you were getting a cooler car "

a quote from me in the production number thread (my gp is a special edition and has EVERY option 'cept sunroof and leather). ive also seen them in cloissone blue:

"The special edition package included the following:

*Specific areo ground effects and wheel flares wide body-color

*Body side appliqué wheels

*16" aluminum tires

*P225/60R16 Performance split dual exhaust sport suspension

i wrote a whole schpeel but i lost it by accident. thats exactly what the reply was when i asked what special edition was. as suspected, it means nothing. just that all speds had to have the following to be elligible to have the "special edition" dealer package just so you thought you were getting a cooler car "

This is so confusing. So I have an upgraded suspension? Guess I need to measure the sway bars and see what size they are. Aren't all 5 spokes 16". I have a feeling the only thing special are the stickers on the doors. But I like my all white GP.

all 5spokes wheels for the GP are 16". check your spid label and it should say FE3 (sport suspension). pretty much they just have to have those things to be able to get the stickers, thats all. obviously, not all that reached those criterion had sped stickers. i think it was supposed to broken up like this:

specific aero ground effects and wheel flairs wide body-color body side applique (B4U)

wheels 16" alum.

tires P225/60R16

perf. split dual exh.

sport suspension (FE3)

:werd: seeing them in the dark blue....and bright red too. Some came fully loaded, some were striped

fully loaded(from what i remember) =

-leather

-HUD/DIC

-polished 5 spokes

those are the odd options that i can remember

i went to HS with a kid who had a bright red 96. fully loaded. when we graduated(2.5 years ago) it had 45k miles on it(he bought it with 16k just a couple years before) it was BEAUTIFUL until he rolled it

technically the "special edition" package did not have options, it was a dealer package that could be added to ANY car that had FE3, B4U, and 5spokes no matter what other options it had, whereas, for instance, iirc the new sentra special edition had certain options like power seats, etc. i thought ive seen a red one, but i couldnt remember

now, the 01 sped's: my mom's has heated driver seat, dic, hud, power driver seat (and of course the two-tone int. and specific wheels, exhaust tips, and spoiler) and they could be had in GT or GTP versions. are the interior options the same in all 01 sped's? ive seen 01 sped's in black, silver, and red

ahh thats true...good point. although, i believe the white or polished 5 spokes were "special edition" specific. i've never seen a "regular" B4U 94-96 with the white wheels/polished wheels

I have SE and I didnt get the B4U. :cry:

u have it now :smile:

Yeah, but that was a lot of work. :lol: But it is the 94-96 as well. So my car looks more modern from the outside, but nice and old on the inside. :willynilly:

technically the "special edition" package did not have options, it was a dealer package that could be added to ANY car that had FE3, B4U, and 5spokes no matter what other options it had,

There's a green sped that runs around here with gold x-laces.

youre right, it just said "16" Al wheels" not 5spokes

There is a white Special Edition around my area, i love the white on white look. There is also a spec ed that is identical to my car except for the stickers, and ive also seen a black gtp special edition, but it was pretty beat.

Another W-body Freak in GA!!! .. COOL The SE editions where speical packages with with mainly the B4U appearance package , the crosslace wqheels and the WS6 suspension upgrades most 94-95's had B4U, I think all 96 2 doors had B4U regardless if it was S.E. or not.