So my brother inherited my 88' SL Coupe...

Stevo

So far we have put a new starter on it since it seemed the old (probably original one) was fubar. New battery. New downpipe and springbolts. Digital Cluster upgrade is ready for it. New Tranny mount and hopefully a lower motor mount as well.

It won't start. I decided to poke around since it seems it's just not getting gas. Soooo ... $100 investment in some handtools and a stuck fuel filter (nice amount of rust =\ ). The car still sits. I decided to use what I call ROBO-grips and spray some liquid wrench on the stuck nut and by chance I slid the creeper up to look around while I waited... the vent hoses are fubar ... I mean kaput. I reached up and touched one and I must say it crumbled like it was made of candy. After rubbing the rust from my face and eyes I started to add it all together.

I am thinking of completely dismantaling the rear end leaving the rear shocks and mounts and refurbing everything, it's going to be along process but as simple as the car really is, the major cost will be time and elbow grease. I am stoked to get this car not only back on the road but quite possibly even thinking of restoring it. This car got me further than any other car I have had and it's been to hell and back and possibly beyond.

So how can I get my non-plussed brother all psyched up to fix a free car he has been given? Any suggestions what I can do to the car in general with a budget in mind?

My bro is 28.

Fuel pump is engaging. Motor is cranking but after a couple of tries a pop of pressure emits from the exaust.

No fuel is being pushed through the lines although there IS fuel in the lines since I was able to loosen the exit line to the filter. The tank is not pressurizing from what I can tell. The whole kit has to come down since there just may be some moisture/water in the system.

The only barrier to my plan is getting the leaf and auxiliary spring removed.

Side note... does anyone know of this service manual is for the W or G Body. http://cgi.ebay.ca/1988-OLDSMOBILE-CUTLASS-SUPREME-FACTORY-SERVICE-MANUAL_W0QQitemZ180071859123QQihZ008QQcategoryZ34230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

W. G body is the Cutlass Supreme Classic.

x2.

If you want one I'll sell it to you for $10 plus shipping.