To Buy an GP STE or Not?

KinG_NothiN

ok guys, heres the deal: i've been struggling with the idea of whether or not to possibly buy a Grand Prix STE and could use some input

right now i'm saving to buy a Camaro Z28 and hoping to have it buy the august-september. however, my father, who owns a 92 Grand Prix STE (with a 5speed in it, only 1 of 57 made in that year), is now thinking of selling that car. he already had to put a lot of money into it and could take a bit more over the years. partly due to the fact its got the 3.4 DOHC in it. he just wants something cheaper to maintain

this car is pretty mint inside and out and would be a shame to let go to a stranger, considering how rare it is. just wonderin if u guys think it is worth buying it off him myself or should i go all balls with a V8 camaro?can only afford one :cry:

that 3.4 will be pretty damn fast as well as get slightly better mpg,

but the Z is a v8, will out accellerate it, and easyer and cheaper (i have found) to work on.

What ever you choose, thank you for staying GM.

-Jeff

depends what year camaro i think. I know the 94-up can be a big pain. I recently picked up a 5 spd gtp 3.4 and I love it. I would have gotten a 5 spd ste had I found one first. Then again I love the DOHC.

I'm with Shawn on that one. Although it might be more "reasonable" to take your Dad's vehicle, in the end you know that you've always wanted that Camaro and it's best if you concentrate on getting it. G'luck dude!