Marchi1

intersting question, but are the instrument clusters interchangeable across the model lines? Was a trick I did in the J-body cars with a sunfire cluster in a cavalier, and wondering if the Olds, Pontiac, Buick, Chevy clsueters have the same shape and pin ins for the cluseter so if we like someone else layout better we coul swap them around.

You can but it requires re-pinning of the harness connector..

..That's how UB3s are going in Luminas, Cutty owners are upgrading from the "shitigal" cluster to the UB3 digital, etc..

IIRC, the 94-6 GP, 94?-6 Regal, and 95-7 Cutty clusters are interchangeable, but I am not 100% certain here..

94-96 GP, 95-97 Cutty, and 95-96 Regal

correct.

others would require repinning. 88-94 olds and 90- 94 chevy clusters are relatively close is size, members have swapped the digital UB3 used in the CS's into their Lumina with moderate effort.

The Regal cluster is way better than most anything else that you could swap in that.

The GP one is ugly and lacks the DIC.

The Impala/Monte ones are OKAY, but i'd rather have my Regal one.

Either way, anything you could swap in there would require a crazy amount of work. Leave the Regal one alone, IMHO.

interesting topic going here. I have the digidash in my '90 regal and I do really like it. Only thing i think is missing sometimes is a DIC. The digidash does have tripodomoter, but some things I think would be nice. Like fuel mileage info for example.