GP post... mfg date!!!

EviLette

Okay... I know we've already established the mileage reports...

SO... lets do it a little more intense...

Grand Prixs....

I wanna know the mfg dates on yours... per body style, ya know?

my 92 SE was manufactured in november of 91 so its one of the oldest of that style still on the road... me thinks, well one of the older ones anyways... get what I"m asking? lol

It sounded cooler when I came up with the topic in my head then it does now that Im trying to start the thread...

also, I think you can tell by the vin number... I'd have to do a little bit of research, but from the right of the vin, the eigth number/letter in signifies the year, and I think the next two are part of the mfg date, but yes, I read the sticker on the door. :)

OH WOW I was way off too... bear in mind I live in Wichita, KS...

My mfg date is february 2nd of 92. It was manufactured in the Kansas City plant.

Which is odd, in and of itself, because the car was a dealer vehicle brand new at a lot in jersey, was bought and sold in jersey, then hit auction and found its way back here and was never re-tagged until I bought it.

come to think of it, though, there are orange numbers on the inside doorjamb of my driver's door. I dont know for sure if factory does that, never really had a brand new one to check lol... so maybe ...who knows, maybe my car's been bounced all around.... i'm starting to wonder lol

Hell, my car came from upstate New York orginally... Then ended up in Northern Ohio... I'm really shocked it isn't rotted out one bit (factory brake lines look beautiful :eek:)

Went from New York, then to Wooster Ohio in 1992.. In 94, it ended up in Fredricksburg (where ever the hell that is in Ohio :lol:) A year later, titled in Massillon Ohio, then Alliance Ohio 3 months later where it was sold to Procar Auto in Canton in 99... Sold to a small dealer in Massillon again in 00. 3 months later, it was sold to the guy I bought it off here in Mansfield on 12-29-00 where is sat and never moved fo 6 years until I bought it on 9-20-06..

What a rough life she has had :willynilly: :lol:

also, I think you can tell by the vin number... I'd have to do a little bit of research, but from the right of the vin, the eigth number/letter in signifies the year, and I think the next two are part of the mfg date, but yes, I read the sticker on the door. :)

http://w-body.com/ this could help

Click vin decoding

I had those printed out as well, but the dates were wrong... it gave me the date fro the previous vins run. so my sheet say my 91 vert was built in 95, and my 95 was built in 92... etc etc. :lol: