Newer GM stereo in 93.

joey b

I have a newer stereo in my 93 cutlass. I am unsure on the year, but I would guess 96 ish. It is nice to have a stock CD player, but I would like the SWC to work and they do not. Anybody know the correct pinning that is needed?

Also the buttons do not iluminate and I would like to fix.

Also the bass/treble do not work and I would like to know if there is a fix.

i just installed a stereo from a 97ish monte carlo in my 93 lumina tonight, to get the illumination working i had to swap the brown and brown/white wires on the radio harnas/ however the dimming of the backlights does not work they are always at full brightness, which dosen't bother me at all.

i just installed a stereo from a 97ish monte carlo in my 93 lumina tonight, to get the illumination working i had to swap the brown and brown/white wires on the radio harnas/ however the dimming of the backlights does not work they are always at full brightness, which dosen't bother me at all.

I'll get you those pinouts so you can do it right putz!!!

ken as i told you last night i simply do not care. it lights up just fine the clock dims when the lights are on, the only thing that doesn't work is the dimming on the back lights and since my interior lights are always up the full way....

it is a temporary solution till i get my 93' CD deck refurbished, and till then it will do just fine.