HVAC Actuator?

seniorgp

I can't seem to get the search function to work so thought I would post my question.

Seem to have a problem with the LH actuator that controls hot/cold air coming out of the drivers side. The passenger side works fine, goes from cold to hot and back as I move the temp control, but drivers side is always cold! Wonder if anyone had replaced one and if so HOW? I can see it but have no clue how to get to it. Even if I can just get it to blow hot for now being winter............

1998 Grand Prix GT with dual zone hvac.

And Thanks!

Slick, Thanks... Only problem is mine is the drivers side........ Not sure if the whole dash needs to come out or not.

If I lay on the floor I can see it but can't even get my hand on it.

Where is it located at exactly? Depending where it is you might be able to take off just certain parts of the dash trim to access it(which is held on by 7mm bolts and clips).

It looks like it's mounted to the side of the air box behind the console. Say above your knee and to the right if you are sitting in the seat. I pulled the lower cover off to see it (the cardboard piece). May just go ahead and pull the dash, I had it out last year to fix a flaky connector to my dash. Will try it tonight and see. Thanks.