Lumina Fender Flare-age

mra32

Does anyone know how to get the fenders of a lumina flared a little bit?

I was thinking about how one would do this and I thought that I could either add like a plastic piece on or actually bend the metal out. I've heard about rolling the fenders with a baseball bat, but I'm not sure its this would get the effect that I want.

Any ideas?

i know patgizz was going to put on those chrome mexican special fender trim pieces, and mold them into the fenders, to look flared

haha I read that when I searched, but I didnt know what they looked like. and I'm not so sure I want to get into bondo work...I guess it wouldnt make a difference since i'd probably be painting it in the next year.

A member here who doesn't come around all that much:

731565_10_full.jpg

More can be found here, including all the air bag work.

I thought that Lumi was on hydros, not bags....

i might be able to get a deal on some rims that would be about an inch further out than stock wheels. The fenders in the back should have enough width to cover it, but the fronts might be a different story. besides, flared fenders are pretty sweet, so why not?

Um.. all depends on the offset of the wheel if they fit... Mustang wheels fit, and generally stick out just a c*nt hair to far for my likeing... I did a whole write up, study, and took pictures... eh.