i

ManicMechanic

I know I know!!!!!

the Car has a HUD! it is the E/M switch. used only only on 92+ cars since the 91- has the digital UB# with e/m switch incorporated!

Now What I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to know is 92 or 93 vert... can it have the HUD and foglights at the same time WITH an E/M switch?

yes. the only part of the HUD that might be a trick would be the check guages light. might be able to produce a circuit that feeds off of the existing warning lights and does the purpose.

but the rest simply splices into the cluster feed wires.

so neversatisifed... since all 92 + verts had foglights standard... did they get an E/M switch? or what would GM do if the car was sold in canada? hmmmmmmmm.

LOL I actually don't know, I was wondering what they did, or even if they offered the HUD in canada model verts.

well actually Psychomatt got a 92-94 HUD from canada.....

LOL I actually don't know, I was wondering what they did, or even if they offered the HUD in canada model verts.

AH! But, did his come from a coupe, sedan or convertible? I am thinking coupe or sedan.

I am inclined to believe that HUD was not offered in the convertibles until 1994. Well, except the Pace Car, of course. It also may not have been available in Canadian convertibles. I have yet to see HUD in a 1992, 1993 or Canadian 1994 convertibles.

Matts hud came from a Coupe or sedan. I pulled 3 of them, 2 from coupes, 1 from a sedan and I don't know what one he got, but it definetly did not come from a Vert

AH! But, did his come from a coupe, sedan or convertible? I am thinking coupe or sedan.

I am inclined to believe that HUD was not offered in the convertibles until 1994. Well, except the Pace Car, of course. It also may not have been available in Canadian convertibles. I have yet to see HUD in a 1992, 1993 or Canadian 1994 convertibles.

Matts hud came from a Coupe or sedan. I pulled 3 of them, 2 from coupes, 1 from a sedan and I don't know what one he got, but it definetly did not come from a Vert

did any of these cars have the e/m switch?

the one from the 5 speed car I pulled a hud from definetly had the switch,

1 auto Sedan I do not know as it was in the wreckers and I just yanked it quickly,

and the other one was pulled from an auto coupe and I think it has it, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll check when I get a chance for you as I have both center consoles, 1 in my car now and other in basement needing to be sold.

I'll get back to you in a couple days

ok :)

For the record, I pulled two CS Huds myself. both had the E/M switch at the front of the console

one a 94 sedan with the performance sound system, it was not equipped with the earlier type bass control that earlier models had.

one from a 93 coupe. this car had no international badging that i saw, but did have the leather CS AQ9 seats (which I knew nothing of at the time, but the fronts were already gone)

My 92 has the E/M Switch. Now, what I want to know is how the climate control is switched to display either Celsius or Fahrenheit? I could swear that i read somewhere that the switch would change both the HUD and the ECC, but mine only switches the HUD. And i know that i can be switched, cause mine will sometimes flicker back and forth between the 2. :lol:

As for the ECC, there are no differences between the USA and the Canadian one. The metric/imperial settings are controlled through the grey English/Metric wire that is in the harness, and the harness would not be replaced if you are just replacing the ECC head unit.