ub3 cluster

hazmatic

im wonderin where i can find a ub3 cluster n how much n what else is on the cluster besides a tach n speedo thingy n i also here u guys talkin bout huds n dics what r they n r they for my car

try car-part.com for the cluster, and the hud is heads up display which was mainly pontiac trademark thru the mid 90's i believe, dics drivers information center is a trip computer/gas mileage calculator and what not, i dont have dic but i have hud on my gtp, so i would say they are not for the regal since they are designed into the dashboard assembly thus making a retrofit impossible short of making fiberglass pods for the units :shock:

You local junkyard should have some cars that has some UB3 in it. I tried to bid a UB3 in Ebay the last time but I decided not to outbid $60 and decided to just go to a local junkyard in our area.

The UB3 has digital numbered speed and tach with bar graphs running up the sides and over the top. Rectangle guages with diagnal digital bar graphs for gas, water temp, oil pressure and volts. It has a L.E.D. odometer with trip and seasonal toggling readouts. The the rest of the standard indicator lights that are on the base digital cluster.

The cluster switch is easy but you have to relocate wires in the plug. You need the connector plug that comes with the UB3. Splice a wire for the tach (and a couple more). Drill one hole so the dash instrument bezel will fit back on. Best if you can get the one that comes from a UB3 car cause ther is a slight missalignment to the clear windows in the bezel. It is a job to get it all to function. I still have water and oil sensors to change out and there is another module that goes below the radio to find and install if you want the trip odometer and cluster display to toggle. These two really aren't a big deal---not needed.

To do it right you need the

1. Dash cluster,

2. dash instrument bezel

3. module below the radio with the E/M,

trip odometer, cluster display buttons on it.

4. four more wire end connectors for module,

(pin-out connectors)

I'm working on getting the change info together for Shawn's web site but I got stuck moving to a new home so it's taking awhile. No home net right now.

I'm working on getting the change info together for Shawn's web site but I got stuck moving to a new home so it's taking awhile. No home net right now.

Congrats on the new home! :cheers:

im sorry to briong this back to life but is it possable to hook up a hud n dic to my regal the reason im askin is i went to the yard today n i found a gp wit a hud n a dic n im thinkin bout goin back to get it if i can make it work

what would i have to do to make the work? besides custome fabrication into the dash

You'd have to splice it into the appropriate wires on the cluster. The cluster has pretty much all the wires you'd need. You'll definitely need a wiring diagram to do this.

where can i get a wire diagram n would i need one from a gp and a regal?

Yep. Dunno on the wiring diagrams, but I might be able to dig something up.

ok i got another question is the ub3 cluster digitial or analoge n do i have to get it out of a 2 door regal or woudl the 4 door fit or can i take the ub3 outa ne w-body that has it??

UB3 is digital 88-91 and analog 92-93 (or up to 94?).

You can get it out of a 4dr.

The digital UB3 will need rewiring, the analog one MIGHT plug right in, but I'm not sure on that.

i want the digitial i did a search to see what i can find on this site n i just came up wit a couple questions so i asked n i started the otha thread to callin out lee n 89grandsport so i can see pics