I Cheated!!

iluvhockey

WOW! and welcome!

I've had this issue myself, and think i figured out a solution. one that i have been using on my failing 93 verts 3.1 as well.

on my 93's 3.1 it seems to have a blown a coolant passage in the rear headgasket... it leaks air into the system and forms a pocket under the Tstat... the quick solution is remove the Tstat housing and the tstat and fill the engines coolant passages with coolant from here and reisert eveything and keep going...

but the 3.1 has a horizontal t-stat... and the 3100's is verticle. simply ramp the car gently onto it's passager side so the Tstat is horizontal and on top, and then..... no, actually..... the goal is to get access to the rear of the thermostat. You would need a long neck funnel, and either get to the rear of the Tstat by removing the temp sender, or the hous to the heater core and filling from there!

Good day fellow W'ers,

I might have mistated things inadvertently. This is a 3100 SFI....as opposed to the regular 3.1L engine. Same thing, but yet slightly different as we know.

As far as pics go.....that is fine. I can post one within a week or so, I am going out of town for a bit of a holiday here. Do they have to be "hosted" to upload them here?

One thing I found that works well when filling the cooling system, is to take the hose off of the heater core pipe (about 1 foot from the heater core, easy to get at) and fill the hose from there as well. That gets the coolant through the heater and engine, and also past that first "bleed valve" at the water pump, and also into the back of the thermostat housing.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that before, but it works for me.

Update: The radiator required a transplant. The doctor told me that she had far too much crud in it to assist my love with her cooling processes.

The only question left, is whether or not damage was done when she got hot.....