Got a new security system.....HELP!

OldsmoBeast

Hey everyone.....so I bought a ProGuard System-3 for my cutty today....it's the best one they make...so i'm hoping it's alright anyway....

I have a little problem, however...the installation manual SUCKS!!!! it tells you what wire should go to what wire but not HOW. and it says in a few places (relay required) but it doesn't say HOW! it's a real shitty manual. I've got the Haynes manual for my car, so maybe that might come in handy? I've never done anything like this before but i want to start tonight or tomorrow night and hopefully get it all done in one sitting. I'm sure a lot of you have wired stuff up like this, so i'd appreciate any help u guys (and girls) can offer. I'm going to have to wire up a starter kill, valet switch, LED, siren, control module, shock sensor.....the whole shebang. like i said before.....ANY and ALL help would be appreciated...especially tips about wiring through the firewall, because i've never done that before.

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Yosef "Joe" K.

I am no help.. just gonna say I have heard quite a few horror stories resulting from self-installs of these alarms/remote starters. (I think those were mainly on newer cars, with crazy wiring) Just be careful. Best of luck!

try http://www.designtech.com they will show you how to hook up the relays, you will need to use a relay on if you use the windows down feature, window defroster. horn (you can use factory one) lock, unlock and there are some other ones i cant remember off hand, try designtech first and if you still have ?S just im me.

try http://www.designtech.com they will show you how to hook up the relays, you will need to use a relay on if you use the windows down feature, window defroster. horn (you can use factory one) lock, unlock and there are some other ones i cant remember off hand, try designtech first and if you still have ?S just im me.

umm are you sure that's the right site?

I signed up at 12volt installbay and got a couple of wiring diagrams...my brother is gonna come over tomorrow afternoon so if i still need help by then he can help me out (hopefully)....he's an engineer....but in the meantime, thanks for everyone's help and support!

YK

OK well i got started last night and as of right now, the starter kill, siren and light flash is working, but i haven't found a way to wire through the firewall so that i can put the siren under the hood. I've also had an issue with wiring the door locks.....there's an inverter that plugs into my system to make it compatible with our locks, and it's on order, coming in tomorrow. Can anyone help out with firewall wiring? it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

YK

I just looked at my car, to see where the shop ran the wires from the alarm brain through the firewall, and it looks like they went right up in the far left corner behind the brake pedal. Like if you pull back the carpet you can see the corner of the wheel well, the firewall where the brake and gas pedal comes through. Once through the firewall, it ran straight up to where the siren is. The body connector? not sure of the correct word, but it runs from the body to the front where the rad is. The wires however are wrapped in a plastic to keep the water out from the wires. Hope this helps, a picture would be better, but unfortunetly no dig cam here, but if you have a pic of your pedals, I could point it out if you don't know where I'm talking about....

I'd help if I had a clue. I had the shop I got mine at install it and it took them 6 hours. Best of luck to ya. You are braver then I when it comes to installing it yourself.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

ok, cool, thanks for the tip. I'm going to check that out today after I get home from biking....(my brother...... :roll: ).

There's a lot of reasons that i would tackle a job like this by myself. First reason being that if some under-educated schmoe in Egypt can do a professional alarm w/immobilizer install on a Mitsubishi Lancer, then i'd be f****d if i couldn't do it too! the other reason is just so that i know what's been done to my car and how....so any problems that come up later as a result can be easily traced.

Thanks again guys

YK