sub intermittently works?

Euro

As stated my problem in the subject. I have 2 10" Kenwood Tornadoes in a custom made box. They're older, and I bought them off my buddy for $20. they worked in his car and were insanely louder than my 1 12" that had a higher wattage. Anyways, we put them in my car using my same amp(Audiofonics 1000w) and a farad cap. they both pounded great til about a week ago. Only 1 works all the time. The other one seems like something's not attached completely. I'd go over a bump, and would go from 1 pounding to both of them pounding. Scares the shit out of me cause double the power turns on lol. But anyways, im not all audio savvy, so Im not sure what to look for. Any suggestions? thanks guys

Open up the box and check your connections at the sub and at the terminal cup. If both of those are good, and all connections at the amp are good, then get your buddy test the subs on his amp, and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then you may have a bad solder joint or connection in the amp. If it does keep happening, then something is wrong with the sub.

thanks chris. I'll have to find out how to get the box open. Its covered with carpet, so i have to see where a connecting spot is. I would ask my buddy to test...but he moved from IL back to MN a couple months ago.

oh yeah.....fuckin duh lol

:lol: Invest maybe $40 this time and see if anything changes.

for $20 i think i got a damn nice deal. I like them better than my first setup

your talking to the master of cheap subs sounding good. I can make a $15 "depthcharge" 10 inch sub sound like pure gold. did one in my friends little rice car and he bumps it every day and loves it.

CHECK YOUR GAINS!!

I had a 12" Pioneer work GREAT for months, then all of a sudden it would cut in and out.. It seemed at the time to be a bad connection as every time it would hit, it would cut out..

Well, I blew the damn sub and was waiting until I could afford a replacement.. I borrowed a friend's 2 10"s and wired them to my amp.. Same problems.. If it got too loud, they would cut out..

Turned out the gain was too high, so I turned it down to "Just that point" before it would begin cutting out..

..Been hittin hard since July with no issues!

do you have any bass boost or loudness features on your HU turned on? If so, lower the gains. This will cause clipping, and not only will it hurt the amp but it will hurt the subs.