Car won't start.

warwgn3

So I get up this morning to go to work, and my car wont start. Everything is in good order that I know of. Batterys is good, Starter is fine, there's lots of gas in the tank, it's cranking and turning over like it wants to start, but just can't seem to make it.

I let it sit for 10 minutes, figureing that I probably flodded it, by pumping the gas too much, and tried again. No luck. So I grabbed the keys for my Dad's van (91 Astro/Safari) and took it.

I came home just now, and tried the car again, still no start. I turned the radio, and fan off so I can listen for the fuel pump, and I can't seem to hear it, but maybe it's me.

You guys think it might be a dead fuel pump, or is it something else?

try jumping the wire close to the aux terminal to see if that activates the fuel pump....did you check to see if you were getting fuel pressure?

No, I didn't check. It was 4am, and I had to get to work. My brother got it to start. Fuel pump is fine (I must be deaf). He says it was floodded, and it needs a tune up majorly bad.

I'll add that Tune-up to the list of strut bearing, alignment, and tires to get done before my trip to Hell.

Try putting it in neutral and seeing if it starts. Could be the Park/Neutral safety switch.

Your battery cables could also be worn beyond recognition...