94 cutty bumper

rockfangd

hi everyone. Does anyone happen to know how to take off the rear bumper on my 94 sedan. If it helps i took off the plastic clips from the top where the lid shuts, i got the same clips from underneath, 2 very small bolts on the bottom sides under the marker lights, and lastly the 2 screws on either side where the wheel is. everything is loose but the sides. HELP. i am trying to remove the rust where the bumper meets the quarter panel. thanks in advance to all for the help

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Its like this on my Lumina, so I think it is similar:

See where the rust is forming there on the pass. side? There is a bolt coming off the bumper cover's top edge.. You need to go inside the trunk IIRC and remove that.. Be prepared, it might be rusted completely, and could damage the quarter panel if you are not careful.. Then there will be one more I believe directly behind it, behind going toward the rear of the car.. Repeat this for the LH side

GOod luck!

so maybe thats why it wouldnt budge. so i can get to them from inside the trunk. once i pull up the carpet? why didnt i think of that. i took off the taillights to redo everything in the back. yeah if you look in the pic you can see the rust and it is like that on the driver side too.. I have to fix the bumper anyways because som ass hole rear ended me because he was riding my ass.

I don't recall seeing any bumper bolts inside the trunk until you get to the corner of the bumper. There are however bolts behind the wheel well. You will have to remove the wheel well lining to see it. The bolt will probably be hard to find at that point because it will likely be covered with rust/dirt/whatever else.

well i looked in the trunk and all i see is what looks like a bolt sticking out with a nut on it.. so what your saying is i have to remove the wheel and get behind the quarter panel?

• 1 month later...

Well for my grand prix it was really easy. And yes it would be a lot easier if you took the rear tires off. Those bolts you see, there should be 3 on each side. The passengers side will be easier cause the pipe where you fill up for gas isnt there. So start with that side. And thats what is pretty much holding the bumper in place. There will be lots of plastic clips under the bumper. That just holds in the foam to keep the shape of your bumper. Get all that off and it will almost fall out. Oh, and dont be scared if you bust the bolts. Mine were all rusty. You can just get some stainless bolts and nuts to replace them.