Side view mirror question

Robby1870

I've got my non power mirrors from my old 92 sedan here. My hope is to replace the mirror covers on the STE with these mirror covers. My question is how do I remove the mirror from the passenger side assembly? I thought it used to pivot back and forth, but I've tried pushing on it and it wont budge.

oh man I hate that. The '92 mirrors should have the screws on the bottom, yes? The older mirrors, you gotta just pull on the glass/frame until it unclips from the motor. No guarantee it won't break, and it;s a royal pain to get back into place.

oh man I hate that. The '92 mirrors should have the screws on the bottom, yes? The older mirrors, you gotta just pull on the glass/frame until it unclips from the motor. No guarantee it won't break, and it;s a royal pain to get back into place.

Na, 92 mirrors dont have the screws on the bottom. Maybe I wont try and mess with the covers, LOL. I really dont wanna just pull on them and have them break.

I thought the mirror just pops on and off from the mechanism that moves?

I know Chris (Dinunzio) should know the answer to this.

Yeah, its supposed to, I'm just afraid to break the whole thing.