Turn signal problem

ihateallmustangs

Ok so I have to hold my signal down or move it by hand to get it to flash. Its getting annoying. I replced the who mechanism in the colum from another car. Now its acting up again. Possibly from driving so long with a slightly wacked alignment.

any ideas?

The writeup only pertains to 94+ so he won't get much use out of it. http://tss.likeabigdog.com

The 88-93 switch is cake to fix, provided you have a steering wheel puller. You basically remove the top half of the signal switch, bend down the terminals, grease the contacts with dielectric grease and reassemble...

is removing the steering wheel rather elementary? I have the same problem and will need to fix my TSS soon. Once you get the wheel off is it simple after that as well?

Very simple. I have a steering wheel puller so that was easy. After that its just a matter of uscrewing a few hex screws that hold the assembly in place. One you get the wheel off its plain as day what you need to do. Also you need to punch that pivot thingy out so you can seperate the two plastic peice (when you get it out its clear as day what im talking about)

I've never removed a wheel with a puller. I use my arms, never hurt myself. It was on my old car, though, I've never taken the wheel off of my '95.

I know a guy who did that on a old malibu , he took the nut off and pulled real hard till he was red in the face and smacked himself right in the face when the wheel came off. Nose was pouring blood ,etc. Its pretty tough to get the wheels of these cars without a puller I find.

I used a puller on mine..thing would not budge without one....hell I bent the metal rod that the threee bolts go into on my cheap puller I bought lol

I always end up bending the bolts on my puller, and I've always used Grade 8 bolts!

Plain and simple, if you can pull the wheel off without a puller, then you (or whoever had your car before you) didn't torque the retaining nut down enough...