BILLET GAS DOOR

Miko K

I am trying to find a billet gas door for my Cutlass. It's a 6" diameter, seems like everywhere I go, they only have them listed by aplication and not by size. Can you guys help? Kinda fill in the blanks for these vehicles, if you have one and it's not a problem to measure the gas door. I don't want to go and start measuring people's gas doors. Looking for 6" even. Thanks.

Chevrolet Avalanche (99-05)

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (99-05)

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (99-05)

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (99-05)

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 (00-05)

Chevrolet Suburban 2500 (00-05)

Chevrolet Tahoe (00-05)

Chevrolet Yukon (00-05)

Chrysler PT Cruiser All Years

Dodge Dakota (99-04)

Dodge Ram 1500 (98-05)

Dodge Ram 2500 (98-05)

Dodge Ram 3500 (98-05)

Ford Expedition (97-05)

Ford F150 LD (97-04)

Ford F250 LD (97-04)

Ford F250 HD (99-05)

Ford F350 HD (99-05)

Ford Mustang (99-04)

GMC Sierra (99-05)

Well the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has a 7" gas door. The chevy and the GMC are basically the same truck so Im going to say that the door is also the same there. In which you could prolly say that for almost all the GM trucks listed there...

are you talking about putting a shiny silver gas door on you car?

last time i checked your cars want silver was it?

I have polished shift knob, instument cluster bezel, pedals, battery tray, reverse lights, blower, blower pulley, alternator, under-blower intercooler, throttle body, intake elbow, liquid intercooler, "cold tank", turbo compressor housing, blow off valve, breather filter and by the way... gas door. :wink:

And a bunch of carbon fiber items, but that's another story...

Thanks for the replays, guys!

Looks like the mustang and focus , VW beetle all have 6" doors, but they are really expensive, so I am waiting on a response from a company for a F150, that was listed to have a 6" door at one place and 6 1/4" at another, it costs $23.50 shipped. I don't think a brushed aluminum one ( pic) is too much, the polished ones are a little too blingy.

bullittcapsideview.jpg

Chevrolet Avalanche (99-05)

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (99-05) 7"

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (99-05)

Chevrolet Silverado 3500 (99-05)

Chevrolet Suburban 1500 (00-05)

Chevrolet Suburban 2500 (00-05)

Chevrolet Tahoe (00-05)

Chevrolet Yukon (00-05)

Chrysler PT Cruiser All Years

Dodge Dakota (99-04)

Dodge Ram 1500 (98-05) 6 3/4"

Dodge Ram 2500 (98-05)

Dodge Ram 3500 (98-05)

Ford Expedition (97-05)

Ford F150 LD (97-04) 6 1/4"

Ford F250 LD (97-04)

Ford F250 HD (99-05)

Ford F350 HD (99-05)

Ford Mustang (99-04) 6"

GMC Sierra (99-05)

brushed aluminum would look so much better, but then again thats coming from the guy who despises chrome

x2

I've always hated chrome, except on a muscle car....

However I do have a soft spot for black chrome

Jamie

I've always liked them on certain trucks and some cars like a Mustang or something, but I think it would look nothing but tacky on a W.

On mine, it will be the last thing someone will look at. If they have time to do that... :burnout: :gears: I AM going for 500FWHP, if the getrag holds up.

It will take a while, I just finished the first head (P&P) and it lost a lot of weight, still have the second to do and then the turbo headers, wiring and "making it all look pretty", before any beauty shots. Probably late april. The spec stage 3 (in my buddy's Jetta 3, 2.0L 8V+turbo @15PSI) feels really nice-it is soft like a factory clutch and at first I thought that a clutch that soft would slip when I gun it, but had more grip than needed. Then again, his car puts out 239ft. lb. TQ and he has 205/40/17 shitty tires, so we will see. Mine is rated for 450FT LBS, but I plan to put out 500ft lbs and I got some scary lookin slicks, so I will definitely put it to the test and I will let you guys know.

sweet. i have the centerforce dual friction which is now slipping when it gets hot. i'm really pissed about it and not looking forward to pulling the tranny when i was trying to avoid that all along

Well, eventually you gonna have to. My clutch is the one for the 2.8L http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/price/Pontiac/Grand_Prix/SPEC/Clutches-Flywheels/Clutches/part/Domestic_Stage_3

and while you have the transaxle out, it's probably a good idea to get the shift shaft machined to accept sealed ball bearings, because the factory needle bearings are the worst design ever, looks at my cardomain page for pics.

Don't worry, not a big deal- I could care less about a gas door. Another hassle. I don't see why can't you use the centerforce pressure plate, but I doubt that they sell the dics only.